The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+8
Bowlington
Tezzac
bigyin96
PrekezMatthe
squirrelbruhn
HashiriyaGOD
Casamyr
ratpacks39
12 posters

Tips on classes and gameplay

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips on classes and gameplay

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Gotta have C4 though, right? That's still practical!
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 am

Yeh there is c4 and its 100x better than in bf3. you can toss it mile like a BAWWS! Razz
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 am

bigyin96 wrote:Yeh there is c4 and its 100x better than in bf3. you can toss it mile like a BAWWS! Razz

Cricket-bowler style? (Keeping up with the stereotype! XD)

Anyone got any tips on how to make the best use of cover? I find I still get shot at a lot of the time (thank god for medikits.)
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:39 am

For utilizing cover determining what is "good", "ok", and "bad" cover is important. It really becomes instinct at a point, knowing EXACTLY what the best cover in a situation is. Also using the position of your player (prone, crouch, standing) the make the best of cover is important. As for a practical example, try and use cover that has an open background (no walls or scenery directly behind it), using cover with an open background makes it so that any rockets/explosives fired at you have nothing to hit behind the cover that would cause splash damage they will just go right on by.

The pillars in the background of this picture have no walls directly behind them making it harder to get killed by an incoming rocket if your crouched behind them:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where as in this picture, If the guy at the end of the tunnel were to stand on either side just out of view, it wouldnt make a difference because any rocket shot at him from the position of the camera will detonate a few feet behind him on the visible wall causing splash damage and probable death:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm going to make this more clear when I can run the images through GIMP.

Hope this makes sense and helps!
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 am

Understandable and something I do often overlook! Maybe we ought to look for good 'chokepoints' in each map, then look at their pros and cons. I get very analytical very easily XD
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 am

You and me both Phil! That would be something that I will probably work on once I get a PVR, the one I'm looking at takes high-res stills as well as high res video. It could be a pretty cool way to give our clansmen a step up on the competition.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey Bowl if you do get a PVR, I believe the TLCG youtube channel should be dedicated to your name x) The possibilities are endless and one of my ideas are to upload constant advice/tips commentary videos and montages xD This will not only increase the popularity of the clan but support our fellow members digitally ^^
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 pm

I am going to do breakdowns for each map, with choke points, good cover, good places to spawn beacon, good places to fire rockets, and the best pathways for vehicles around obstacles, and more if anyone else has any ideas. 'm going to check my funds today and if i've saved enough i'm going to go ahead and get the PVR on its way. Also I would set it up but I think wortho already has dibs on that
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Good paths into objectives - I see so many people justing head first into a flag or m-com and get mown down by a support or assault guy jsut waiting for them. If you use your head, you can always find a way and knife the buggers in the back rather than following the pack to your death.

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

As a casual gamer with -very- little time to game, these things are really difficult to adjust to when starting a new game. If we could have two separate videos, a concise video that covers the essential parts of the tips and then in-depth analysis I think we could really cater to two viewer-bases.
    ratpacks39
    ratpacks39
    Knight

Post  ratpacks39 Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:20 pm

I agree with you there
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:34 pm

ratpacks39 wrote:I agree with you there

Say wha-? Was that intentionally a month-long wait before agreeing? =P I applaud you if not, great coincidence XD
    PrekezMatthe
    Knight

Post  PrekezMatthe Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm

I have a little tip concerning tank teams.

When you want to get out of your tank notice that you always get out where you are looking/aiming. So when you want to repair for your teammate (or escape) point your gun away from the danger! This way you're always protected by the tank and you won't get shot instantly.

I hope this helps out some guys Smile

See you on the battlefield
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:52 pm

PrekezMatthe wrote:I have a little tip concerning tank teams.

When you want to get out of your tank notice that you always get out where you are looking/aiming. So when you want to repair for your teammate (or escape) point your gun away from the danger! This way you're always protected by the tank and you won't get shot instantly.

I hope this helps out some guys Smile

See you on the battlefield

Bloody good tip, maybe we ought to drag Bowlington into an empty server and have him record Matty, yourself and I doing our kick-ass Tank domination and adds tips! It's incredible how many people don't know about the weak spots on a tank, after some vague research, of which I cannot account for its reliability, I found some interesting stuff. The two weakest points on a tank are it's rear (Which is something that everybody should -definitely- know XD) and apparently the point where the turret meets the main chassis of the tank. According to somewhere that I read the sides are also more vulnerable than the front, can't confirm it though XD
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:14 am

PhilipOmnis wrote: The two weakest points on a tank are it's rear (Which is something that everybody should -definitely- know XD) and apparently the point where the turret meets the main chassis of the tank. According to somewhere that I read the sides are also more vulnerable than the front, can't confirm it though XD

I can confirm that the sides are weaker, I use this to my advantage all the time. My best spot to hit on the sides are right above the two middle wheels inside the tracks on either side.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 am

The rear and top from what I understand are the weakest spots. So you can get up in a building and fire an rpg down onto the turret of the tank, you should be doing a decent amount of damage - hitting the things from the front takes far, far too long.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:18 am

I have watched a lot of you tube vids on this and the stats are:
    front 22%
    sides 34%
    back 61%!!!!

So ALWAYS go for the back (not the tracks). You can easily 2 shot a tank from the back.

Word of warning - if you do not hit the tank directly perpendicular (whether it's the side or back) you do NOT get the full % bonus. Ie if you hit the side from an angle you will not get a 34% hit.

Eg see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 am

It doesn't always take only 2 hits on the back for a kill, in my experience its more likely that it will take 3 and also the weapon your using makes a difference as well.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:34 am

Nah - I can 100% guarantee it's a 2 shot kill BUT you must be perpendicular - otherwise its only a 34% hit and it takes 3 shots
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 am

I'm probably a couple of degrees off the right angle then, hard to tell in the middle of a fight! Smile
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 am

Yeah - when ur being shot at by infantry and the tank it is bloody hard! I often have to just suicide to do it

Check this vid out - v informative: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    PrekezMatthe
    Knight

Post  PrekezMatthe Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm

I saw the video yesterday too. It changed my way of attacking tanks on foot right away Smile rivalxfactor has some great videos
    Codpeace5
    Codpeace5
    Baron

Post  Codpeace5 Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 am

Top tip of the day. Smile
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 am

So what you guys were saying earlier about shit being perpendicular...Are you suggesting that I pull out a freakin' protractor and get my measurements right whilst on the battlefield? =P
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:39 am

Hang on - are you saying you play BF3 without your handy year 6 protactor???? Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am