The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Your Friendly Clan Leader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

5 posters

Your Friendly Clan Leader

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Your Friendly Clan Leader Empty Your Friendly Clan Leader

Post  Casamyr Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:45 am

I'll start this off by introducing myself - I'm Casamyr, your friendly clan leader.

Until recently, I was part of a great friendly clan with a very small core of players which unfortunately got so small that clan was disbanded. Many have gone to join a bigger, and more competitive group, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted, and loved, that small family feel that Chaos Mafia gave and was sorely disappointed the group was stopped.

I wanted to belong to a group that had that same kind of atmosphere to it and so I have started The League of Casual Gamers to continue the feeling and enjoyment that Chaos Mafia gave to me and to some of the other guys, whom I hope will join me here at the League.

While I live in New Zealand, I have many friends all around the world and look forward to meeting many more over the next few months and years while TLCG is around. I hoping to build that same family feeling, and to create a place where people just want to hang around and chat, before you jump into a game with your buddies.

PM me, chuck me a message, invite me for games - I'm always up for something.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Your Friendly Clan Leader Empty Re: Your Friendly Clan Leader

Post  bigyin96 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Hey cas Very Happy the site looks good pal. you had many people come look at it yet.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Hey big. Good to see you see you mate.

And no - There's been a few people who've been to look but not that many, and obviously you're the first who has signed up. So if you are wanting to stay, I'll give you more rights on the boards to change things things if you so desire.

This place also has a portal page to it as well, but I'm still playing with it to make it look the way I want it to look. I'm still not sure whether I should have all the forums viewable by guests but they can't post to them unless they are registered members, or do something like we had at the CM forums with the page you went to as a guest. I'm thinking that I might make them viewable for the early part to show viewers that there is stuff here on the forums. Thoughts?

I'm also going to try and create a banner/logo for the top of the page in the next week or so to make it look a little more interesting. Eventually (if this gets big enough to be worthwhile) I'll chuck a little money at this to get rid of ads and purchase a domain name for it.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 am

So is it a free forum or have you put some money into it already? ill stay on the forums but for now i think il be saying with console army just for people to play with. ill you im not really into the whole reporting for practice but for now i think it will do plus im meeting new people so thats a bonus. but yeh if you want help with the forums and that ill be glad to help as much as i can. always willing to help a mate out.

about the access new members get to the forums im unsure about that would you make it somethng will Chaos but make it something like you need to make a number of posts before you get proper access? just throwing idea out there. Think a banner would be a good idea yes. as for when you are recruiting i would market it as a clan but also reiterate that its more of a community of friends (am i right in saying that?) because youll most definetly get alot of shit from people trolling your clan posts
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:21 am

Free. I haven't yet put any money into it (though it is pretty cheap for options I must say) and won't for a while. Fair enough about CA. I still have loads of people on my friends list that I play with so it's not a big issue for me at the moment.

Already had shit from trolls on forums, but you've hit it on the head, that it is more a community of friends rather than a true clan in the sense of clans. It's more how I felt that Chaos was heading if shadow had kept it up.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:17 am

yeh its got the clan aspects there like you say. i think shadow was just getting tired of running things on him own when it was this adam, smooth and shadow that set everything up and he was just left on his own to deal with everything
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah. I kinda feel sorry for Shadow, that he got stiffed by Smooth. I know that RL can be a bitch from time to time - hell, I'm not having a great time at work at the moment, with the possiblity of redundancies which is why I looked forward to chatting with the few remaining Chaos members. it kept me sane.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:07 am

yeh plus smooth owes shadow moneys aswell for the xbox he bought him too. i aint going anyways cas so you can chat with me anytime ill keep you sane....ish lol
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:42 am

Ah, so things really aren't too much enjoyable on Shadow's front. Still I'm glad that you guys are found somewhere fun to go. I notice that shadow and zoul have had to change their PSN names as well to play with CA. Are you going to follow down that path as well?
    kopitecris
    kopitecris
    Peasant

Post  kopitecris Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 pm

hi guy's just thought i'd pop in to say hello so HELLO lol i like what you'v done so far cas good work m8 sorry to hear about work m8 that sucks hope everything works out for you you'll be glad to see the back of this year i bet i was sorry to hear about chaos i meet some good friends there but by the time uncharted comes out i will be a lot more active on my ps i'v missed gaming with you guy's but i'v enjoyed the break from gaming but it's been a hectic couple of months in my RL hopefully it will calm down now hopefully i'l get some news in the next couple of weeks about my 2 friends who both have medical problems will get the all clear
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Good to see you here mate.

Yeah, this has been the worst year of my life - starting with a massive frigging earthquake and possibly ending with no job (well, I'll know for sure on the 9th November if I have a job or not) Crying or Very sad

hopefully, next year will be a much better one that this has been - it can't get any worse that's for sure.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Uncharted 3 too mate. Hopefully you get some good news on your friend side of things too.
    kopitecris
    kopitecris
    Peasant

Post  kopitecris Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:58 pm

yes mate fingers crossed everything will workout fine for both of us i carnt wait to get my hands on u3 i like bf3 but for me it's just coming out at the wrong time once i get on u3 i wont play anything else till xmas probably it's just the best ps3 game in my opinion
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Well hello there christopher. how the devil are you Razz yeh i wanna start gaming with you again. miss the sound of another yorkshire man of the airwaves Very Happy hope your friends get well soon pal. liking the new changes youve made cas very good pal

@Cas Found a cool site that you can make banners on get some decent effects and stuff you can add so check it out.

http://www.bannersnack.com

Heres one i just quickly messed about with nothing good or anything lol

http://www.bannersnack.com/banners/f2a014b52c6e3a77bcf95ad1b3295603

there are alot of feature on this you will need to spend time messing about with i spend about an hour just on this lol and it is nothing special like i said. note when your watching it, the banner will loop the text back in every 10 secs

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Cool. I'll have a good look tonight after work. Especially if it is going to take some time to prepare.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:55 pm

well cas im in the same situation as you now been given my one weeks notice today. so trying franticly to find a job now
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Ah, shit man. Sorry to hear that - What a crap way to start your week (and only a weeks notice as well).

I really hope the job market is much better than it is here in Christchurch - Not much chance of getting a job unless you are a builder, in which case you will be set for years to come.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 pm

its not brilliant but ill do anything at the moment for work. cant afford to be out of work at all. yeh ive only been there about 6-7 month so its only one weeks notice. ive sent several emails today and gunna ring some places tomorrow and see what happens from there
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 pm

I hate that - last one on, first one off.

Good luck mate, I have fingers crossed that you find something quick. I know how hard it can be when you are out of work.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:52 am

Yeh always the same. thanks pal im keeping everything crossed at the moment lol
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:27 am

me too, mate, me too. I'll keep everything crossed for you as well.
    kopitecris
    kopitecris
    Peasant

Post  kopitecris Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:58 pm

hello steven lol it was good catching up yesterday having a few games on kz we'll have to try get the gang back together 1 night so we can all have a natter at some point most of us will be online at the same time me,cas,big,jae,el,dilip & who ever else it'l will be a laugh
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Looks like i may have a job Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yeh christopher lol it would be very cool to get all tghe old killzone crew back together to have a good old natter Razz and just to have a laugh. yeh it was fun getting to play with you again Shocked that sounded wrong lol
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Sweet Bro. I like the sound of that, and you'll be seriously relieved about finding a job.

I too would be interested in getting together with the old crowd for a catch up. It'd be a fun time for all I would imagine, not to mention hearing all the old accents again. Smile
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:32 am

Yeh it a great weight of my shoulder but i had confidence in myself (which is odd for me lol) going friday to get more details. lol you miss the accents to you pal Razz how are you anyways and the family? santa
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:40 am

Not too bad, still worried about not having a job, but there is really nothing I can do about that for the time being. Happy for you though. Hopefully, it's a little more rock solid for you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 pm