Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 am

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review Empty The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Post  WhiteLite on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:51 am

Looks great. Many hours of my life will be wasted on this! Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 am

Yup. Me too. Shame I can't get this until Christmas. I'm just going to have to avoid all reference to this - plus stay of justin.tv so I'm not tempted to watch others playing this game.

I'll probably hire it out before then, just to have a go an enjoy the game. I'll probably end up playing a bit of Oblivion between now and then, just to sate my need to play Elder Scrolls V

Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?
    WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 am

yeah i can't wait to get it too, also its confirmed werewolfs will be in it too Very Happy im glad they have the dark brotherhood in it they were always my favorite in oblivion.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 am

Yeah, started playing Oblivion again - I'm probably going to try the thief/assassin route this time, rather than a sword and board fighter.

In Skyrim, I'm tempted to try a couple of different classes - Probably a Redguard two-handed weapon user and some kind of sneaky thievy type.

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:07 am

yeaah, i want to try becoming a werewolf or even trying out a vampire looks fun and joining the dark brotherhood for those fun assassin quests you will probably have to do but for choice of weapons im stuck between using spells or a sword, since it looks really fun when you cast a demon or bring someone from the dead as a mindless zombie in skyrim. Razz
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:16 am

I was going to ask if you could be become a werewolf. good to see Vamps still in there though - It was kind of fun playing as one in Oblivion.

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 am

yeah it was kinda fun on Oblivion but i hated that it was hard to do much in the day, also skyrims vampires the stronger vampire you become harder it is for you to come out in the day, i think their will be like a leveling system for when you a vampire, also you can join a cannibalism group and go around skyrim eating people lol Razz
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:34 am

Didn't know about that last bit. Sounds like a hold over from Fallout. There were a couple of Cannabalistic groups in there.

Still makes the game a little more interesting. I've heard that there are children in Skyrim too so I wonder if they are killable or whether they have been made unkillable. Not that I'm likely to go around and slaughter whole towns mind you. I know that Bethseda had refused to put children in games purely for the reason that they didn't want to be caught up in some kind of scandal.

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:42 am

yeah makes it alot more interesting, haha i think im going to go down the evil path rather than be good, just love the way when your evil kill any annoying characters and doing evil things are always alot more enjoyable on Fallout 3 and Obilvion, how about you? yeah i think their might be children but don't think you'l be able to kill them, doesnt really bother me. might do a quick save than slaughter a whole town for the lols then if it goes a bit wrong i can always load back. Twisted Evil
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:30 am

I've tried to play evil, but often while I start out trying to be as evil as I can I start to gravitate towards acts of goodness and then stray from the path of the evil dude, who jsut wants to to kill. Often the main quest I find forces you to act good, breaking the immersion of the role.

Granted you could, of course, just completely ignore the main quest and just wander the world and do whatever you like.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 pm

im not really into rpg's but i watched the first 10min of someone playing this and it doesnt look that bad to be honest

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Elder Scrolls is awesome. It's a huge time suck and there will be times when you are doing the dishes and when you look out the window at some plants and wonder what potions you could make from it if you harvest it........honestly. It happened to me when I first got Oblivion.

So long as is not too buggy, I'm expecting Skyrim to be a lot of fun.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:18 pm

lol you make me laugh cas Razz getting abit sick of FPS at the moment so i think i might try my hand at a new genre of game . im getting demon soul for christmas to that'll be fun/very frustrating lol

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Demons Souls or Dark Souls?

I swear Dark Souls is much easier than Demons. Demons Souls was absolutely unforgiving in every single thing you did, but Dark Souls there seemed to be a little more give, you could make a mistake and survive, in Demons you make a mistake you die.

The critics were hailing it as the hardest game ever, but I think it's easier to play - even going back to demons souls I still think Dark is the easier game. It made me wonder if From Software went a little easier in game since it was now being ported to the 360 so as to not loose that crowd.

either way - still a good game. Skyrim though is a different beast. It's a pure rpg with absolute control over how you want to play the game. Many state this but you are limited by the main quest and a single game build starts to appear. Elder Scrolls games work no matter what class you play, though Skyrim has done away with classes completely this time round. You just choose your race and look then hit the game then leave it to you to figure out how you want to play.

Really looking forward to this.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 am

Its Demon Souls im getting thought i would play it before getting Dark Souls but it seems that it'll be more rewarding when you finally beat that boss thats take 20+ deaths lol plus i might have to summon you for some assistance too Razz

I may be joining you premanently too shortly not sure yet because of my shift pattern at work im unable to take part in any practices and no point been apart of the clan if i cant participate so we'll see

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:33 am

That's partly the reason I didn't join CA, plus there was no NZ/AUS branch for me yet and since there was no way for me to make practices, and I didn't want to have to spend my weekend doing this.

Still if you do decide, TLCG'll have you with open arms as you will well know.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:14 pm

It was fine to begin with obviously i had normal hours and could attend "practices" but now things have changed and they dont like to change there ways so ill see how things are pal Smile on a side note the site looks great. really like what you've done with it

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks mate. I can't take all the credit though - WhiteLite has had a fair bit of influence on this which i think has made it a stronger place to come to.

There are still a few more things to do yet. Somehow this Elder Scrolls thread has morphed into something else. Shocked

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Casamyr wrote:Thanks mate. I can't take all the credit though - WhiteLite has had a fair bit of influence on this which i think has made it a stronger place to come to.

There are still a few more things to do yet. Somehow this Elder Scrolls thread has morphed into something else. Shocked

haha thanks mate glad my input is appreciated cheers and aah well can't really talk anymore about it unless we watch gameplay and that would just spoil the fun! even tho i watched the first 10minutes of it, which i regret now Evil or Very Mad
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Yeah, I started to watch the first 10 minutes as well, but then I stopped after a few seconds. I made the decision there and then to not watch anything. I'm even going to avoid as many wikis as I can so that I don't spoil anything for myself.

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 pm

yea first 10 mins i watched spoiled alot for more me Sad
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:07 pm

I've played it now for about 5 hours and its freakin' awesome. This game has the potential to suck away hours of your life as you just wander skyrim and stare at the gorgeous vistas.

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 am

wow how did you get it? kill any dragons ? rate it out of 10 Razz
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 am

I hired it out from the local game store. Bad idea, I can see me getting it out several times before christmas.

Killed 1 dragon (was easy, but was part of the main story) so I've unlocked 1 Shout - I've found a word to another shout (Fire something) but I need to kill another dragon to unlock that one.

I rate it an 11/10. Freaking awesome game. There is jsut so much to do.

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 am

ahh man im jealous Razz want it badly

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:07 pm