The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
EA Server Connection Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

EA Server Connection Issues

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

EA Server Connection Issues Empty EA Server Connection Issues

Post  Casamyr Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 am

I'm not sure if anyone else is in the same frustrating situation as me in this regard. I have found that whenever I play any game based on an EA server (Battlefield Series, ME3 Co-op and Syndicate Co-op) I get kicked back to the main after about 19 mins. Sometimes this crashes the game requiring me to restart the game (again get kicked after 19 minutes). After this initial kick I am usually right for the rest of the evening. It is starting to drive me up the wall, so I embarked on a bit of a hunt to find the solution.

This morning I found an interesting article, which I will share here so that others will hopefully be able to do the same thing. I don't know if it will work yet, since I'm at work, but I will be setting this tonight in the hopes that it fixes this annoying connection issue with EA based games.

Without further ado...

If you are having troubles connecting, or losing connection to our EA servers, please read the information below. This information below should help you understand how your internet connection works and how you can work with settings to make it better.

NAT type is one of the single most important and most overlooked aspects to a quality online gaming experience. Learning how NAT type works and how to forward your router/firewall’s ports correctly will save you countless hours of headaches trying to understand why your connection isn’t as strong as it could be. While sudden disconnects can occur for a variety of reasons, a good way to gauge whether it is your internet connection or something else is by paying attention to your Xbox LIVE/PSN connectivity as well. If you’re having to sign back on, or losing connection to your party/VOIP session, then the problem is likely coming from NAT/firewall or ISP restrictions.
    First things first. Are you using a Microsoft/Sony suggested router? The Microsoft and Sony support pages have a wealth of information on how to properly set up your console in your home network (including lists of recommended router types).

Xbox- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ps3- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you’re using a wireless router connection and experiencing connectivity issues, try plugging your console directly into the router. There are many reasons that wireless connectivity can suddenly drop but the easiest way to be sure that it ISNT your wireless connection, is to see if the problem persists after your console is directly connected with an Ethernet cable. If you’re wireless savvy you can try changing your wireless channel (refer to your router instructions for additional info).
    If you’re directly connected to your router and still experiencing connectivity issues the problem is more than likely, your NAT type. The easiest and most simple way around these issues is to enable UPnP or Universal Plug-n-Play.
    1. First, you need to access your router’s config page to see if it supports UPnP. (Router config pages can usually be found on any literature that came with the device, or even the manufacturers website.)
    2. Usually this is a separate portion of the config page that allows the user to check or uncheck a UPnP box (enable or disable). Once you find this box, enable UPnP and back out.
    3. Save your config page changes and reboot your console. Performing a Network test now should reveal that you NAT is open (the optimal Online gaming condition)
    4. Play through a full game to see if the problem persists
    If you are directly connected to your router, do NOT have UPnP capabilities (or it didn’t work to enable UPnP) and are still experiencing connectivity issues the problem is still, more than likely, your NAT type- only it is now slightly harder to fix. The process and exact steps of forwarding your ports will vary depending on the make and model of your router but in depth tutorials can be found here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The steps for Ps3 are exactly the same except you would change the specific port numbers to-
    UDP 3659
    UDP 6000
    TCP 9946
    TCP 42100
    TCP 13000 -> 13100
    After forwarding your ports, always make sure to save your config page changes and reboot your kit to ensure that settings are taking effect.
    If you are still experiencing problems with disconnects contact your ISP support line to see if setting up a ‘DMZ’ is the right option for you. (Always take care when exploring this option as it could potentially open your network to unwanted communication.)
    If you’ve exhausted all NAT options and still find yourself disconnecting from the EA servers- write down every step/action you take on the way to the point of disconnect (make a note of any special settings/options you have personalized in the game) and communicate the problem to an appropriate forum thread. EA employees are constantly monitoring and researching community issues. The more thoroughly researched and reported the issue, the quicker the fix can be put together.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm