Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 am

KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony

Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony Empty KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony

Post  Tezzac on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:15 pm

So a couple of days ago I was browsing Youtube until I've came across this video titled, KARA, produced by the dev makers of Heavy Rain. It was a tech/concept demo that wasn't a development for a game but rather just a showcase running in full-time on the Playstation 3. It really stunned me in the narration part (no surprise there, c'mon it's the dev of Heavy Rain) and I really hope that there is indeed a future project for this. As one youtuber commented:
    "7min tech demo has better story than last 3 Calls of Duty and Battlefields combined :O"
    ... Pretty much sums it up!

See for yourself:

Edit by Bigyin96 Below

KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony KARA_Boxart_v1_2012boxart_160w

Exclusively on: PlayStation 3
    Genre: Other
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Developer: Quantic Dream

This is a project in the works by Quantic Dream, the makers of the breakthrough adventure game Heavy Rain. The project is often referred to as "Kara" since its premier tech demo was built around a futuristic encounter with an android character named Kara.

The "Kara" demo is a self-contained project using the technology Quantic Dream is developing. Creator David Cage has stated that the setting and characters seen in the "Kara" short will not be the same as what the team plans to deliver with its next game project. Instead, this is a glimpse into the technology and storytelling capabilities the team is capable of. As with the company's pre-Heavy Rain demo The Casting, fans might be able to glean a few ideas about the future from what's in the demo, but don't take anything for granted -- as always with Quantic Dream, expect surprises!

NOTE: Any content from the "Kara" demo is based on a prototype running in real-time on PlayStation 3. It is concept only and is not taken from any software title currently in development.

KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony Quantic-dream-project-untitled-20120307020735197_640w
    KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony Quantic-dream-project-untitled-20120307020730163_640w
    KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony Quantic-dream-project-untitled-20120307020743612_640w

KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony Ee476735a51f41fa

"Now, young warlock. Do not let this dishearten you. If you do let it dishearten you for a week, a week will become two. Then it will dishearten you the third week and so forth. You must learn to be resilient and fly!"

https://youtu.be/NTITSxKPju8
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony Empty Re: KARA by Quantic Dream & Sony

Post  bigyin96 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Wow! that looks amazing. Is that footage actually from in game or is it a purpose made CG trailer? It certainly has the A.I feel to it but i must say i am rather interested to see alot more footage/gameplay from this. Nice find Tezza Very Happy

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:18 pm

From what I gathered it's not "CGI" as it were, but rather a form of cutscene, which involves the use of a games engine, textures and coding. I may be wrong but that's what I got from it. It was a nice idea and they wouldn't go amiss by doing something with it XD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:08 pm