The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+5
wortho1234
hutanz
LT
hbucka
CON5CRYPT
9 posters

Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil...

CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... Empty Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil...

Post  CON5CRYPT Wed May 02, 2012 7:12 am

Hey guys,
    So I have recently started using Kontrol Freaks on my ps3 controller.

If you don't know what they are, they are little plastic extenders you attach to the thumb sticks and work on both Xbox and ps3 controllers. They are commonly used with YouTube commentators and pro gamers and if you believe the makers claims, they are meant to help with your aim and gameplay by allowing for more precision.

Now I have been using them for about 3wks now and although I haven't noticed much improvement in my accuracy (I mostly always just spray bullets so it's hard to gauge any improvement) the main benefit i have found is that they allow me to play at a higher sensitivity than normal.

Without them I play on 3-4 depending on how in feeling, but with them I can comfortably play on 5-6 whilst it still generally feeling like im playing on 3-4.

Confused? let me explain... how it works for me is, I only use it on the right stick. Because the extenders increase the height of thumb stick, it means I have to move the stick more to obtain the same results as if the stick was of normal height. but this is negated with the increased sensitivity, so now it still feels like 'normal' when im moving the stick in minimal range of movements, but i also have the benefit of the speed of the higher sensitivy when its required..

If you have seen any of my YouTube clips/montages you may notice I turn on people a lot and the speed at which i change direction is fast. Although I was able to turn on people before using the Kontrol freaks, it's much easier and more frequent now.

Anyways, they didn't cost too much, under $30 from memory including shipping. So if you were ever curious about them i recommend checking them out, I know I cant play without them now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that's my review.

- C
    hbucka
    hbucka
    Squire

Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... Empty Re: Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil...

Post  hbucka Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 am

Good review Con ! i also use Kontrol freaks on my controllers and found that i went from being a bad player to just an average one ! Laughing , Got them pretty cheap on a one day type deal so keep an eye out if they pop up on the deal sites
    But seriously i think they do work especially since ive got quite big hands just having that extra length on the aiming lever makes the controller feel more combfortable when playing and gives you more control over where your aiming, PS they are good as for improving your sniping skills if anyone needs to improve them !
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil... Empty Re: Moded controller?!..... Maybe just a lil...

Post  CON5CRYPT Wed May 02, 2012 7:58 am

moose might benefit as he cant snipe
    LT
    LT
    Baron

Post  LT Wed May 02, 2012 8:01 am

I did exactly the same thing been using mine for about 3 weeks now. I am still trying to work out the new sensitivity but I think it helps me to aim my assult rifles better.
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 am

we now all expect LT to beast in game!
    hutanz
    hutanz
    Baronet

Post  hutanz Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 am

I wouldnt recommend these for campers like Cat then eh? Razz
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Wed May 02, 2012 11:43 am

theres not much that could help Cat.... except maybe a round-the-clock medical team monitoring his madness
    wortho1234
    Prince Consort

Post  wortho1234 Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am

LT, modded controller?? nah, i was thinking of getting them for christmas.
    Codpeace5
    Codpeace5
    Baron

Post  Codpeace5 Wed May 02, 2012 11:28 pm

does everyone who uses them just put them on the right stick ? i have never heard of these before will have to look for them on ebay.
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Thu May 03, 2012 3:34 am

It depends on preference if you have it only on the right or both. For me I only use them on the right stick as I didn't want to have to move the left sick further to move around, especially since I never stop moving when I play.

The devs have various types of kontrol freaks that supposedly help with diff things, I don't believe that part as they are all essentially just bits of plastic to increase the height of the sticks.
    LT
    LT
    Baron

Post  LT Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 am

I only use it on the right, i think I move too slow with it on the left stick
    Arcann_Deum
    Arcann_Deum
    Baron

Post  Arcann_Deum Thu May 03, 2012 1:08 pm

CON5CRYPT wrote:theres not much that could help Cat.... except maybe a round-the-clock medical team monitoring his madness

No not even that, nothing will help him
    shiny-23
    shiny-23
    Squire

Post  shiny-23 Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Just found them on amazon at reli great prices.
    HashiriyaGOD
    HashiriyaGOD
    Graphic Designer

Post  HashiriyaGOD Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    wortho1234
    Prince Consort

Post  wortho1234 Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 am

thery r only $15 bro
    dont buy it from here....
    go to Tmartn on youtube and at the bottom of every vid he has a link to his control freak, with a discount

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 am