The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

4 posters

PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect

Poll

Which Would You Buy??

[ 3 ]
    PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_vote_lcap75%PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_vote_lcap25%PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect I_vote_rcap [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect Empty PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect

Post  WhiteLite Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 am

PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect T_139110

Microsoft has done a fantastic job marketing and selling Kinect, which stormed out the gate a year ago while Sony's PlayStation Move has been slow and steady. They've been on very different sales curves, but the hype has been so great for Kinect that you might not realize Move is only about a million units behind Kinect in sales and would appear to be closing the gap.

Kinect quickly reached 8 million sold in 60 days and then hit the 10 million mark, but that was back in March. Meanwhile, Sony's Move has been selling at a slightly steadier clip and has recently reached the 9 million mark. As IndustryGamers' Steve Peterson points out in his special on Kinect, "The Kinect's weakness has been the sales pattern, where 8 million devices sold in 2 months, and then in the next 10 months only 2 million more devices were sold. This has led to some concerns."

Ubisoft's VP of Marketing Tony Key, noted, “It's not healthy to just sell in the holiday, or 90% of your units in the holidays. We would really like to see them have some major launches during the non-holiday part of the year."

Kinect is likely to get another boost this holiday season with enticing Xbox 360 bundles at retail, but what will the long-term sales picture look like?
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect Empty Re: PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect

Post  bigyin96 Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Personally for me i would much rather use Xbox's Kinect than Playstation Move. Xbox Kinect sees more innovative than PSMove for the simple reason been that PSM is basically a rip off of the Nintendo Wii's controller if not move advanced than the WIi version. But from my experience of using the Wii console there not bad but they aren't the best thing to use especially not from hardcore game. There more for your family orientated games and more casual. But i dont think any time in the future i will be purchasing a PSM. I think the only time i would get one is if Killzone 4 came out i would want to try it on the SP but no doubt Killzone 4 (when it confirmed) will be a launch title for the PS4. If i was to go the Playstation Move or Xbox Kinect route i would lean towards the XboxKinect even time sadly. Sorry sony.
    Jono
    Jono
    MW3 Officer
    MW3 Officer

PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect Empty Re: PS3's Move Closing The Sales Gap with Kinect

Post  Jono Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, id buy move solely because i already have a ps3, otherwise kinect all the way
    WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:49 pm

i'd buy none of them , they look like shit.
    Jono
    Jono
    MW3 Officer
    MW3 Officer

Post  Jono Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm

True white, im a gamer, not an athlete, i wanna sit on my couch and destroy noobs Razz not jump around and look stupid
    WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:18 pm

yeah who wants to play table tennis or golf on a console seriously.. Razz
    Jono
    Jono
    MW3 Officer
    MW3 Officer

Post  Jono Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah, if i wanted exercise id go outside Razz i think these things are in the same boat as the wii, we have a wii but i dont thing its been used for about a year Razz
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 am

Already have teh move - but the kinect is not really new technology though. Sony has been using it for years with the eye. I see though that kinect has suffered the usual fate of motion dectectors - they are all dance games that work with it.
    WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:10 am

tbh if i had to get any of them i would get the move, just since i have a ps3 and i want to support sony! and plus i wouldnt mind seeing if its any good on games like killzone 3

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 pm