None

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 am

Last of Us Press Release

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Last of Us Press Release Empty Last of Us Press Release

Post  Casamyr on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 am

Sony Computer Entertainment America ANNOUNCES THE LAST OF US, A NEW PLAYSTATION®3 EXCLUSIVE DEVELOPED BY NAUGHTY DOG

LOS ANGELES, December 10, 2011 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC announced today The Last of Us, a new franchise created exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Developed by Naughty Dog, the creators of the highly acclaimed and best-selling UNCHARTED™ series, The Last of Us was unveiled in a world premiere trailer at the Spike TV 2011 Video Game Award Show.

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

“We are excited to finally unveil The Last of Us, a project the team has been working hard on for some time,” said Evan Wells, Co-President of Naughty Dog. “Naughty Dog’s mission is to change the way people experience videogames. We are confident The Last of Us will take a leap forward in cinematic gaming and storytelling, providing gamers with an experience unlike anything else in the industry.”

The Last of Us is developed by some of the industry most talented game designers including Bruce Straley, game director, and Neil Druckmann, creative director. Naughty Dog advanced to the forefront of the videogame industry in 1996 with the successful introduction of Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation. The developer extended the franchise with Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and Crash Team Racing, selling 22 million copies worldwide and led to Naughty Dog being the most successful video game developer in the United States for that console generation. The team then created the Jak and Daxter franchise including Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy®, Jak II™, Jak 3™ and Jak X: Combat Racing™. All four of titles are PlayStation®2 “Greatest Hits”. In 2007 the team released UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune® and followed with UNCHARTED2: Among Thieves™ and the recent November launch of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™. Having currently sold over 13 million units worldwide, the UNCHARTED franchise represents some of the most impressive graphics, sound and processing capabilities found on PS3.

Further information about the game as well as images and videos can be found at [url=http://www.lastofus.com ]Last of Us[/url] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The Last of Us is (RP) rating pending. For more information about the ESRB visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Last of Us Press Release Empty Re: Last of Us Press Release

Post  bigyin96 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 am

This game is certainly going to be getting my attention most def. Ill be keeping a keen eye out for further information and gameplay trailers. If what there saying is true that there wanting to change to way the gamers experience playing games (which they did with the Uncharted series) then what the fuc are they gunna do with this game or series? If its half as good as Uncharted then it gunna be briiliant. But the proof is it the pudding and we'll have to wait and see

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:21 am

Yup. I'm hoping this will be on and offline co-op as well. You have 2 main characters to play, so lets see what ND come up with.

I'll be posting every scrap of info that ND releases to this forum, as soon as I find out about it. I'll get the VGA trailer up here tonight as well (i can't access youtube from work unfortunately). Probably, just edit this page and add it to here.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 am

Sorted the trailer for you buddy Smile

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 am

Nice. Still can't watch it though Sad

wotatank
    wotatank
    Knight

Post  wotatank on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 am

Can't help but love Naughty Dog I love you

This looks awesome!!
    Nawfy
    Serf

Post  Nawfy on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:58 pm

damn this game look good i always like these kind of games cant wait Very Happy
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 pm

I just hope it will live upto all the hype (whixh i think it will) that its getting at the moment. Because like Rage it got loads and loads of hype but it wasn't as good as it was made out to be. Don't get me wrong i bought the game and i like it but it didnt live upto expectations. So ill be keeping my fingers crossed for good things from this game/Naughty Dog.

Nawfy
    Serf

Post  Nawfy on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 am

true rage was really disapoting to me anyway the game look great n all with decent story line but lack of gameplay control was not smooth but that just me lol if controlling was better i would prob love it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:43 pm