The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+5
Casamyr
Bowlington
PhilipOmnis
Tezzac
bigyin96
9 posters

BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons

Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons - Page 2 Empty Re: BFBC2/B3 Flying lessons

Post  Tezzac Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 am

Hey @Bowlington, apparently there's going to be a BattleRecorder feature much like COD's theatre mode. Anyways there is an unranked server filter and servers without the DICE name in front are unranked servers from what I believe. There's no private servers though.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 am

Good, I'm glad they are going to implement the BattleRecorder, I read something the other day (Kotaku maybe?) about why there wasn't one from the beginning, but its good to hear that its in the works. And I hope your right about the servers, I'm gonna keep looking into it.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Tezzac wrote: Anyways there is an unranked server filter and servers without the DICE name in front are unranked servers from what I believe. There's no private servers though.

I know there are servers without the DICE name. However, when using the server browser's inbuilt filter I tried filtering for just "Unranked" servers and it came up with 0 servers, so I'm not so sure.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Hmm I'll see if there's any alternatives but please keep me and Big posted Smile
    In the meantime if you really wanna practice helo then play the second mission of the COOP where you're pitted in an attack chopper with a fellow team mate.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Tezzac wrote:Hmm I'll see if there's any alternatives but please keep me and Big posted Smile
    In the meantime if you really wanna practice helo then play the second mission of the COOP where you're pitted in an attack chopper with a fellow team mate.

Was about to suggest that. It's a particularly useful one as we won't get any players annoying us! (And no player limit.)
    During that game I last about five seconds before crashing XD
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 am

you guys should have seen the game I played last night, I pulled off some stuff in the havoc that surprised even me
    weaselmypleasel
    weaselmypleasel
    Knight

Post  weaselmypleasel Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 am

I found this clip pretty handy for the attack helicopter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 am

The first thirty seconds of that video are a testament to why us console players have such difficulty trying to learn. (Empty servers, full customisation of controls etc.)
    redslayer1
    Yeoman

Post  redslayer1 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:26 am

@Bowlington well mostly air to ground seems like im shoot just the ground not at people i would apreciate a tip Smile
    PrekezMatthe
    Knight

Post  PrekezMatthe Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Requested by PhilipOmnis Cool

I'm getting pretty decent at flying jets so I thought I would share a couple of tips.

The first thing I did was scan youtube for tutorial videos. I think I watched around 2hours of jet gameplay in all. Some video's aren't very helpfull but I found a couple that were awesome. There's a guy called LevelCap (plays on pc). All his video's are worth watching (I subscribed to his channel) and he has some great jet and helo videos. This link will give you a taste of what I'm talking about Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Can someone tell me how to embed videos please)

I use a lot of what LevelCap does but I'll give a quick summary.

* Press the R3 button to go into third person view! When you're on the tail of another jet (in 1st person) it's hard to see where he goes if he makes a couple of quick manoeuvres. Going into third person view makes seeing where he goes a lot easier thus you are capable of following him. When you're shooting you want to be in 1st person though Wink To me this is natural now but it might take some practise. I sure needed it.

* Use your brakes, throttle and afterburner! You can make sharper turns when flying at lower speeds. This comes in handy when you're trying to follow someone or when trying to shake a jet of your tail. Finding the correct balance between braking and acceleration is the key to being a good pilot. (I'm still far from perfect on this aspect). Use the brakes going into a turn and use the acceleration to gain speed out of the turns.
    I use the afterburner in different scenarios. I use it to buy a couple of seconds when my IR flares aren't ready yet and heatseeking missiles are closing in. Or to close the distance between me and another jet when I try to get on his tail. Or just to gain speed quickly :p (afterburner: L3 button)

* I'm being attacked!! What now?!
    Sometimes the other jet pilot is really good and you just can't shake him. Fly back to your base! Hopefully your teammates will help you out and man the stationary Anti-Air. Use this to your advantage! Constanly try to give the guys in the anti-air an easy target by flying by a couple of times. They will try to take out the jet that is on your tale and instead of being the hunter he becomes the hunted. (Maybe some guys with stingers will help out too. I sure know I hate it when something constanly locks on to me.) If your teammates haven't taken him down the enemy jet will have given up because it is just too dangerous to stay on your tail in those circumstances.

NEVER fly in a straight line for a long time! (or same direction) You become a very easy target and let's face it... that's the last thing you want. Try to shake him by doing some fancy manoeuvres Very Happy Use third person view! (but make sure you don't crash into the ground or a buiding) Try to use buildings, cranes, mountains,... to your advantage.

Another little tip is using the sun. Fly right into the sun to disappear for a couple of seconds. This is very hard to implement into your manoeuvres though and if I'm honest I hardly use this one.

Here you go guys! I hope this is helpfull. Very Happy It took me quite a while to type.

Last edited by PrekezMatthe on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Thank you Prekez for your wise comprehension advice for jets.
    My tip: If you're ever attacked just go in circles... honestly the simplest method to evading enemy's lock on and fire while giving your plane a chance to recover Very Happy
    skinny109
    skinny109
    Viscount

Post  skinny109 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

A handy one when I use a fair bit (but doesn't always work) fly up as high as you can go. You get to a point where it becomes impossible to steer and the jet loses power. If done correctly the jet that is right behind you will almost always end up passing you or at the least cant steer to get you in sights. This only works if the jet is close on your tail.
    If the jet is a long way behind you will probably get pumped. But when all else fails I use this nearly everytime.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Good strategy except I'm normally the pursuer in that scenario and end up cannoning the other plane dangling in mid air xP
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm

I always find myself being unable to shake an enemy in the air, what's the easiest manoeuvre to try? Also, does anybody know if the controls are similar to that of BF1943? Because you can use the tutorial on there to fly and practise, very helpful.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:33 am

Whenever you're playing conquest (2 jets on both teams) fly towards your wingman and if he has air radar or is actually a good pilot he'll help you take down your pursuer. Easiest maneuver? Do vertical loops haha (:
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:46 am

I'm a fan of the fake stall, fly up to a decent altitude and just let go of the throttle, you have to be a good pilot to correct for it but sometimes it will make enemies think your already dead.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Tezzac wrote:Whenever you're playing conquest (2 jets on both teams) fly towards your wingman and if he has air radar or is actually a good pilot he'll help you take down your pursuer. Easiest maneuver? Do vertical loops haha (:

Vertical loops always end in tears for me...Maybe I just have a lacking in luck and fly in front of a seasoned pilot too often.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 am

@redslayer: Something that might be helpful is one of the things that the guy in weasels video was talking about with the emblem that looks like a capital I right next to the reticle, you can use this in conjunction with the reticle to lead your rockets more efficiently because it takes into account the current direction and speed that the chopper is moving. Also something of note, those rockets fly remarkably straight at long distances so don't be afraid to stay back a ways and shoot into a map, one thing I see a lot of is people flying straight into the warzone as quickly as possible and getting shot down just as fast.

Hope that helps!
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:11 pm

If you can do this, you shouldn't be on this thread Wink
    redslayer1
    Yeoman

Post  redslayer1 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:36 am

@Bowlington ill try that next game when i get a helo and flying your helicopter alot more farther up into the sky might work. Thanks
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:46 pm

I've posted a thread over at [sNs] so as to garner more interest regarding this idea. I've made a format over there that could be adopted over here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    weaselmypleasel
    weaselmypleasel
    Knight

Post  weaselmypleasel Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 am

This vid is pretty helpful. It's part 2 of the one I posted earlier.

Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:59 am

Phil: I've posted a thread over at [sNs] so as to garner more interest regarding this idea. I've made a format over there that could be adopted over here. [sNs] Thread
    Haha are we looking for instructors/trainees now? Glad to see an influence of TLCG over there x)
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Tezzac wrote:
    Phil: I've posted a thread over at [sNs] so as to garner more interest regarding this idea. I've made a format over there that could be adopted over here. [sNs] Thread
    Haha are we looking for instructors/trainees now? Glad to see an influence of TLCG over there x)

Seems like a sensible way of working it =3 I was thinking that, given how difficult it would be to cover an entire server that we work a instructor-trainee partner thing where anyone willing to instruct can nab a partner and find a normal server giving them advice/help. This is assuming we can't get an empty server!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 am