The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 Empty Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011

Post  bigyin96 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:43 am

You cast your mind back on an outstanding year for PlayStation gaming, and give us your picks of 2011.

It started in a blaze of gunfire on an alien planet and ended with the discovery of untold riches in a mysterious corner of the Middle East. From start to finish, 2011 was another stellar year for PlayStation.

From Killzone 3 to Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the 12 months we've just bid farewell to was packed full of gaming gems.

To cap it off, we asked you to tell us about the title that made your year on PlayStation. The ten winners listed below each win a voucher code to download Crysis on PlayStation 3 from PlayStation Store.

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 Airport%20ladder

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

"Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception simply IS the game of the year. Many of the other games that came out around the same time are good, but absolute perfection is what I wanted to spend money on. The immense cinematic feel is flawless in both the single player campaign and the online multiplayer modes. Buy it, otherwise you're missing out." (ChuckM, UK)

"Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is definitely the game of the year for me. It's quite unusual for a game to bind me to a chair like this! In my eyes, Nathan Drake's most recent adventure is a blockbuster in every sense. Hollywood should be taking note." (Niklas771, Germany)

"I'm going to add yet another vote for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. It's a great game with a nice multiplayer mode and an amazing story, taking PS3 to its limits. What more could you ask for?" (Shinigami—sama, Spain)

"Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, for me. The number of amazing games was overwhelming. This game had me staring at the screen with my mouth open for hours. What a story – and so much action!" (Ewinnn, Netherlands)

--------------------------------------------------

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 R3_StLouis_Widowmaker_01

Resistance 3

"For me, 2011 was undoubtedly the year of PS3. There were so many great games, I had to buy two PS3 systems so that my wife and I could play more games. The most memorable had to be Resistance 3 – its setting was eerie and unforgettable. I can't wait to see what's in store for the series on PlayStation Vita." (xxCRYPTUSxx, France)

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 Catapult

Portal 2

"There were too many to choose from, but if I had to pick one it would have to be Portal 2 for its sharp wit, engrossing story and clever co-op play." (lahuff, UK)

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 ICO_29

ICO

"Although it launched on PlayStation 2 some years ago, I couldn't resist revisiting ICO in ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD on PS3. Words fail me because such poetry in a game cannot be described. You have to live it." (riskou, France)

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 ACR_SP_SC_08_Hookblade_Hanging_HD_PRINT_USE_ONLY

Assassin's Creed Revelations

"My game of 2011 was definitely Assassin's Creed Revelations. Even though it's actually the fourth instalment of the series, it never ceases to fascinate. Pure genius!" (DjBloody:, Germany)

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 1175ForestHunt

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"Without doubt, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been the best game of 2011 in my mind. Fluid action and total freedom of movement not to mention a great story gave us an unforgettable adventure." (Athok, Spain)

Obsession Confessions: Game of the Year 2011 BatmanArkhamCity_Screen_076

Batman: Arkham City

"Batman: Arkham City was the game of the year, for me. During the week it is mainly my work that keeps me busy, but at the weekend in the late hours, deep in the darkness of the silent nights, I fly through the sky. Because I'm the Dark Knight. I'm Batman!" (Gotrunks22, Netherlands)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm