Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 am

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation)

Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) Empty Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation)

Post  Tezzac on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:29 am

Most of you know what Megaupload was and what it did as a major benefit to the internet. Well one of the world's largest file-sharing sites was shut down on Thursday, and its founder and several company executives were charged with violating piracy laws, federal prosecutors said.

An indictment accuses Megaupload.com of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed one day after websites including Wikipedia and Craigslist shut down in protest of two congressional proposals intended to thwart online piracy.

The Justice Department said in a statement said that Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz, and three others were arrested Thursday in New Zealand at the request of U.S. officials. Two other defendants are at large.
    Megaupload was unique not only because of its massive size and the volume of downloaded content, but also because it had high-profile support from celebrities, musicians and other content producers who are most often the victims of copyright infringement and piracy. Before the website was taken down, it contained endorsements from Kim Kardashian, Alicia Keys and Kanye West, among others.

HOWEVER "The government takes down Megaupload? 15 minutes later Anonymous takes down government and record label sites," the Anonymous Twitter feed read. Today the Feds raided the website MegaUpload, which led to the arrests of seven people across the globe, according to some reports. Now the Hacktivist group, Anonymous, has come forth in retaliation to the crackdown and launched an attack on several websites including The Department of Justice, Universal Music Group, and the Recording Industry Association of America. The wave of attacks is just the beginning and Barrett Brown, founder of Project PM, joins us to discuss whats next for the groups.

That note was followed shortly by this one: "Megaupload was taken down w/out SOPA being law. Now imagine what will happen if it passes. The Internet as we know it will end. FIGHT BACK." The tweet referred to the Stop Online Piracy Act, an Internet piracy bill being considered in the U.S. Congress.

Megaupload.com is no longer accessible.

Post your thoughts below:

Last edited by Tezzac on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) Ee476735a51f41fa

"Now, young warlock. Do not let this dishearten you. If you do let it dishearten you for a week, a week will become two. Then it will dishearten you the third week and so forth. You must learn to be resilient and fly!"

https://youtu.be/NTITSxKPju8
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) Empty Re: Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation)

Post  Casamyr on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:55 am

Wow. just wow.

This is a pretty huge thing for internet freedom of speech.

Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?
    skinny109
    skinny109
    Viscount

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) Empty Re: Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation)

Post  skinny109 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:00 am

It was all over twitter this morning when I was checking it. One of the trending topics was Warner Bros because anonymous shut their site down.
    These dudes are awesome!

Margrave

Post  Tezzac on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 am

Four of the seven people, including the site’s founder, Kim Dotcom (born Kim Schmitz), have been arrested in New Zealand. @cas why did you let US federal agents into the country D: lol jks

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) Ee476735a51f41fa

"Now, young warlock. Do not let this dishearten you. If you do let it dishearten you for a week, a week will become two. Then it will dishearten you the third week and so forth. You must learn to be resilient and fly!"

https://youtu.be/NTITSxKPju8
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am

Those Anonymous guys are insane, they can do whatever they want because they are ghosts, they leave no tracks, nothing to follow, and they hit hard when they attack.

Sh*t Just Got Real (FED takes down MegaUpload, Biggest Hacktivist retaliation) EJxFyzEKwkAQRuF-TvF7gAgKuUCC2Cg2gvWwTnYHxh2YLC65vV0sXvPBm7yb1ty8YsAjOJnAF9y1SgpemjI9b_P1D0e8ioSgFUHmjwTYOm8rutb1QMlNcujbZKPZ3b7SNDHtOy4crdB5HPdOPxG9LGk~
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

I didn't even know about this until this afternoon.

Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 pm

A little part of me died inside when I spotted this on one of the sites I go to! While they are breaking laws, it's still going to landslide even further. Sad days are coming =3

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:17 am