The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
how to aim well I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+5
Casamyr
CON5CRYPT
azeg1
Bowlington
ZONEHUNTER
9 posters

how to aim well

ZONEHUNTER
    ZONEHUNTER
    Knight

how to aim well Empty how to aim well

Post  ZONEHUNTER Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:20 am

hi

how do you guys aim mine is only like 10% witch i think is very bad is there a easy way to aim or just a learning thing.

cheers
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

how to aim well Empty Re: how to aim well

Post  Bowlington Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 am

I don't know how much help i'll be here but i'll give it a shot. As far as how I got to where I am, its simple: I've been playing FPSs as my game of choice for years. My accuracy is kind of hard wired at this point at around 16-17% consistent with peaks of about 20-21% when i'm playing at my best, my advice is play around with sensitivities till you find a happy medium between speed and general precision. That will give you a good base to start with and then you can hone your accuracy from there. One of the little things I do that helps, is when I'm running around between objectives on large maps and in slow times, pick out random little targets at different ranges and do your best to try and accurately snap your reticule to it. The targets can be anything you want, I use cracks in the asphalt, tips of pieces of rebar sticking out, fenceposts, things like that. Its a good thing to practice that doesn't really take away from the experience.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 am

Dont use a LMG and your aim % will go up! hehe

If you are a sinper you've have the best aim % probs
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 am

I'm a cod player, but this probably aplies to most fps.

As mentioned above, change your sensitivity to something lower and gradually increase the level as you get more comfortable. The high sensitivity usually helps snipers who need to strafe downscope

Also remember to shoot controlled bursts when targeting med-long distances.

That's about it, pretty standard advice I know, but the major thing is to just keep playing and you will improve.

Happy gaming.

D
    ZONEHUNTER
    ZONEHUNTER
    Knight

Post  ZONEHUNTER Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:53 am

thanks for the advice will play around with it abit and c what happens
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:23 am

YEah, using an LMG really stuffs your aim % like mine. Though I do use it how it should be done and does give my team/squad mates time to decamp to a better position while the enemy has their head down or their screen is very red with the suppression happening.

But don't use teh LMG if you are worried about aim %.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Go for slower-firing, higher damage guns. The FAMAS for example, is a terrible gun for accuracy. I can't scrape more than 10% because it discharges rounds at lightning speed XD
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:18 am

I love FAMAS and my aim % is decent - but I must admit I never go full auto - I always just shoot 2-3 bullets at a time (otherwise I tend to miss!)
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:19 am

Full-auto is not useful in any situation other than hip-fire and even then the accuracy is atrocious. I just use the auto function so that I can choose to fire in singles, bursts or full auto in one go. Seems silly having any other options XD
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:55 am

Just had a look at my stats and I am v suprised but my FAMAS accuracy (14.08%) is actaully pretty much the same as M416 (14.75%) and the SCAR-H (14.58%; which I, however, use very rarely).

My AEK is the one that drops off (12.88%).

Very surprised!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    PrekezMatthe
    Knight

Post  PrekezMatthe Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 pm

PhilipOmnis wrote:Go for slower-firing, higher damage guns. The FAMAS for example, is a terrible gun for accuracy. I can't scrape more than 10% because it discharges rounds at lightning speed XD

You have to try harder Phil Very Happy
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 pm

I still stand by my point! XD The fact I had 8% accuracy when I started playing regularly and it's started slowly climbing! I also read the wrong stats, I meant 11%, not that it's really any better XD

The gun I've had the most trouble against with my FAMAS (Shotgun not inclusive) is the AEK so I'm not surprised XD

And Pré, my head's in the game for points, not accuracy! I have to catch up with you Colonel folk.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:03 pm

I have to agree phil, so long as my team is winning and I'm racking up points, I don't really care what my accuracy is.
    ZONEHUNTER
    ZONEHUNTER
    Knight

Post  ZONEHUNTER Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 pm

i do agree

but i was more meaning when i start shoting someone i go way off target and they kill me
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 am

The best thing for that is jsut fire short bursts. Don't go fully auto because the guns will pull. The other trick is to remember that bullets drop over time with the gravity physics used with the Frostbite Engine, so sometimes you need to aim a little higher.

Also crouching helps your aim, as well as making you a smaller target.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:14 am

I HATE (and by hate I mean I am super jealous) it when we're head to head and the other bloke manage to dive into full prone from a standing position and shoot me!

I watched a youtube vid on how to do it but never really mastered it. I vaguely recall you press the squat/prone button twice while running and you will do a dive (or sumthing)
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 am

Thats one of the harder things to work on Zone, I use the M4A1 because its easy to control once you sighted someone in, you may be over compensating with the gun your using. A lot of times you need to make tiny adjustments mid-fire that keep you on track. If the gun your using likes to recoil up, then determine how much and use the stick in the opposite direction an equal amount to cancel out the recoil.

Ya thats drop shotting, it helps if your switched to tactical I think, as you can quickly click the right stick to drop.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 am

Drop-shooting? Tactical? What is all this technical jargon? I find I can never fire and drop at the same time but maybe it's because I'm stationary when I do it, I end up getting shot in the face. I'm just happy to get a KD > 1 at all XD
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 am

Ya I agree. Every time I try something like this, I end up dead. If I end the game with a 1:1 k/d ratio I'm happy, even happier if we won.
    ZONEHUNTER
    ZONEHUNTER
    Knight

Post  ZONEHUNTER Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 am

slow going but i am getting better at aiming at 15% with the l85a2 makes the game abit more fun to when u don't die all the time Very Happy
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:42 am

Nice zone, once you get a good rhythm going you start kicking ass left and right.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:33 pm

It takes a while to get used to a gun, for sure! Not looking forward to the nerfing of my FAMAS =P -cough cough- Pré -cough cough-
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 am

There is a flight time for bullets in Battlefield 3. This means that it will take a tiny bit of time before a bullet hits its target once you’ve pulled the trigger. The longer the distance to the target, the more time it will take. Just like in real life.

Gravity will start pulling a bullet towards the ground as soon as it has left the barrel. This effect is known as a Bullet Drop. It also happens in reality.

At short distances, you will not notice these factors, but they become more noticeable over longer distances. The further away your target is, the more you need to compensate for the bullet drop and the bullet’s flight time.

If your target character is standing still, far away, place the center of the reticle slightly above it before taking the shot.
    If the target, in addition to being far away, is moving, place the center of the reticle slightly above it and a tad in front of it.
    It may happen that you need to follow your moving target (through the sight) a bit in this position (slightly above, slightly ahead) before you fire. This technique is often referred to as deflection or “leading the target”. Notice that targets can still move once you’ve fired your gun: the trick is to predict their path and aim at the place where they will be when the bullet gets there, instead of the place where they are when you pull the trigger.

In addition, The foremost solution to recoil is using a firing technique known as Burst Fire. This technique works with fully automatic weapons.

How to fire your weapon in bursts:

Place the center of the reticle over the target (or above it if you need to compensate for bullet drop!).
    Pull the trigger and fire two or three rounds.
    Release the trigger for a really short moment.
    Keep an eye on the reticle and make sure that it is still centered over the place where you need to aim.
    If it has wandered off, adjust the reticle back to the desired position
    Fire a new set of two to three rounds.
    Repeat the process until you have killed your opponent’s character.
    Speed is the key to success with this technique. The whole process should be fast.

In the beginning you will probably focus too much on the technicalities of executing this technique. This may affect your performance, but that’s ok. Just keep practicing. Focus on getting the technique right!

With time, you will find that you are using Burst Fire on autopilot. You will be thinking less about what you’re doing and will be focusing more on keeping the sight aimed at your target.

In my experience Burst Fire works particularly well over medium to long distances.

Source: Respawn Less
    Johnnyblack_86
    Johnnyblack_86
    Viscount

Post  Johnnyblack_86 Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:12 am

bro if you're a bf3 player just use the a-91 or ump-45 both with suppressors and you wont get hardly any recoil, or you could just go knifing people like a BAWSSS
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 am

Tezzac summed up accuracy in a nut shell and Johnny, as per usual, brought up the rear...with his own contribution! I can vouch that this technique works well with the FAMAS. I can get mid/long-range shots with the burst-fire and have even out-gunned a sniper on multiple occasions!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:02 pm