The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

4 posters

Minecraft Players PLEASE READ!

Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! Empty Minecraft Players PLEASE READ!

Post  Bowlington Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am

There was a new update released today its an upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4. When you open up your client to try and log in it will tell you to update, DO NOT UPDATE YET. If you do the server will become inaccessible to you! If you have already done so and cannot log in please use this tool to downgrade your client to 1.2.3! MCNostalgia. This tool is very simple to use and will allow you to downgrade easily. Note that it runs in a command prompt/console window so do not be alarmed, the program is in plain english and is very simple to follow! The linked thread has both written and video instructions on how to use the program. I will update this thread when it is okay to update!

Thanks
    -Bowl
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Minecraft Players PLEASE READ! Empty Re: Minecraft Players PLEASE READ!

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks for the heads up Bow! (I soooo would have updated if you hadn't said anything)

In other news - spent hours yester running around gathering resources and would have been completely lost if I didn't stumble across the GIANT RAIL HIGHWAY which led me home!

:-)
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 am

lol make a map dude there very handy Very Happy
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 am

bigyin96 wrote:lol make a map dude there very handy Very Happy

...... Watchu talking bout Willis!

Maps?! You just blew mind! Lol
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:37 am

If you get a chance Con follow it to the end, it leads to a giant (by MC 1.1 standards) mountain with a castle inside. That was my first big project. Theres also an awesome cave formation on the way there in one of the small buildings along the way called Kratos' Caverns.
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:04 am

Sounds good. I will prob go by it often as its near an area that was good for collecting wool.
    Does the rail have working minecarts?

Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 am

Yup all you gotta do it drop one down, give it a push and jump in. The tracks are powered so the cart will take you in a loop from one end to the other.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

CON5CRYPT wrote:
    bigyin96 wrote:lol make a map dude there very handy Very Happy

...... Watchu talking bout Willis!

Maps?! You just blew mind! Lol

lol you need to make a compass first and then in your crating table place the compass in the middle and surround it with paper. Job done! Very Happy
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Dug up this link just for you Conscrypt: Minecraft Recipes
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Minecraft wiki is a great source of information
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:48 am

Here is my upload of the old .jar file to use on the server, it includes a build-in copy of ModLoader and TooManyItems. .Jar File
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:03 am

Okay guys the host has emailed me back regarding the downtime over the last few days. Here's the explanation of the problem and why our service was interrupted, I changed a few words to make it a bit easier to understand:

"Explanation
    What happened in the UK is that we(the host) currently maintain space in 3 different datacenters that are run by two different providers. One of these locations (the one our(tlcg) service was located in) was one we've been working to move away from over the last 6 months or so due to various issues we've been having with them and their management. On early Friday morning they had both their power access and internet cut due to lack of payment. It appears that the datacenter will be shutting down and probably filing for bankruptcy. As soon as we were made aware of this situation we had all of our servers moved over to a different datacenter which sadly required a c hange of IPs for all of our servers.

Everything should be back online and working fine now on their new IPs.

Matthew Hall
    Founder and CEO
    Kerplunc Gaming"

However with this change, the IP address for our server has changed and I will be sending out a mass PM to everyone applicable with the updated one. Nothing other that the IP has changed and our server as we know it is safe and the files are fine. Hopefully getting our server out of this datacenter will be a good thing as far as stopping these kinds of problems and this really explains alot of whats been going on. Because the IP is different I encourage you guys to delete the current "TLCG Minecraft Server" from your client and make a new one with the new information. They were nice enough to give us a 50% credit towards our account for the trouble which its a good show of reconciliation. Now we can all get back to mining!

EDIT: Now that i'm home i've checked everything over and everything looks good, the ping time on the server is consistant and I can log in without issue so hopefully all this downtime will be behind us!

-Bowl
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 am

That explains a lot. I'm disappointed that they didn't tell you sooner but then they did compensate you from that. A good service they are! =D
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

Any idea when the server is Gunna be updated because im back on 1.2.4 again and can't be bothered messing about with the jar file again
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Geeze Yin, you even posted this in the same thread as the one I put the .jar for 1.2.3 in XD
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:29 am

PhilipOmnis wrote:Geeze Yin, you even posted this in the same thread as the one I put the .jar for 1.2.3 in XD

Well seeing as your link doesnt work! and all it does is take you to the home page
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Derp, my bad bro XD

That's weird, for sure. Maybe it gets removed again if I don't sign up. PM me if you need the .jar people.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 am

Okay guys, we are still waiting on a craftbukkit build for 1.2.4. 1.2.4 fixes alot of the seriously nagging problems with MC(100% cpu on menus, stuff like that), so once that build for the server comes out, I am going to update it and from here on out I'm only going to be updating the server with every MAJOR new release. For example, when the second number in the build changes: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 etc. These minor updates break every single one of our plugins and they also cause lots of problems with my clients both Spoutcraft and Vanilla. What this means is that for every minor update, I have to wait for all the plugins to update(some take FOREVER, i'm looking at you Citizens!), install them by hand, re-do all the config files for them, and make sure that they don't conflict with other plugins. I've already had to do this about 4 times, and its painstaking and annoying. The main thing thats a problem with this is that if someone updates and then Craftbukkit takes 2 weeks or more to update the server then you are locked out until it updates which is the problem that both me and Big are having at the moment. Long story short, I just wanna PLAY minecraft and having to deal with all of that is seriously detracting from the experience. So like I said we will only be updating on major releases. If a minor release comes out and its REALLY worthwhile to update to it I will do so if everyone is in agreement that I need to do so. In the meantime when the server catches up to 1.2.4, please stay at that build until the next major release comes out. I will notify everyone when that will be happening so nobody will be in the dark about it. I wish there was a way to disable the "New Version Available. Update Now?" message but theres not, so we are just gonna have to put up with it. I'm sorry to do this but if I don't the whole process will grind the fun out of running the server for you guys, and larger servers have actual staff that can do that stuff but i'm only one person.
    -Bowl
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks Bow
    I dont think having to click no to the pop up box would be too much drama for anyone here
    We appreciate all the behind the scenes work you do to keep the server running and anything that lets you play the game more rather han having to tinker with it all the time should be supported.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks for update bow.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Keeping up the good work as always, man. Sorry I haven't been around to try and offer my help, but I'm -very- close to being out the other end of the main bulk of these exams. The rest of my year is still going to be nagging and require study, but I'll definitely be able to help with some of the workload =]
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Alright guys the craftbukkit guys finally got their stuff together and the server is now updated to 1.2.4! Also after me complaining about update breaking plugins, this one didn't break a single one which is totally weird but I'm not upset! So everything is back up and working as of this post.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Yay i can finally continue with my survival house w00p w00p Very Happy
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Fuck yeah! =P And I didn't realise that updates don't always fuck up plugins XD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm