The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

3 posters

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day Empty The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day

Post  Casamyr Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 am

For you Walking Dead fans out there here is IGN's review of the first episode called A New Day. After seeing this, I think I'll pick this up on Thursday when it gets released. Great review.

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day Empty Re: The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day

Post  Casamyr Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 am

Faark! I'm not having a good time. First NZ doesn't get the Ghost Recon Beta and now when I try to download the Walking Dead game there is 'no content'!

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day Empty Re: The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day

Post  bigyin96 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:45 am

I wanna get the game just because its the walking dead but i sdont wanna spoil anything and what an episode or two. Any luck yet with the game cas?
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 am

Nope, nothing. my store front shows the Walking Dead as being there, but when I click on it it tells me there is no content available. Really sucks.

I was so looking forward to playing this today, especially since the final 2 episodes of season 2 played last night. Epic ending.

Update:

Thanks to Australia's stupid fucking stance on R rated games, Telltale Games are NOT releasing The Walking Dead in NZ/AUS. That pisses me off. We (no offence here to my aussie buddies) do not have the same censorship system in Australia and normally follow the EU system. I seriously can't believe this crap. Grrrr.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Shit man, that's horse crap. You should pirate it online or something. I have no comprehension of how that must feel because it's a basic human right to have access to a game at your -own- discretion. Absolutely bull DX
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Casamyr wrote:
    Thanks to Australia's stupid fucking stance on R rated games, Telltale Games are NOT releasing The Walking Dead in NZ/AUS. That pisses me off. We (no offence here to my aussie buddies) do not have the same censorship system in Australia and normally follow the EU system. I seriously can't believe this crap. Grrrr.

Gutted for you man. You cant even import it because you can get fucked for that aswell
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:32 am

You should see the complaints that TTG are getting on their forums over this. Found out a lot of little facts too. TTG never even submitted The Walking Dead for classification in NZ/AUS so don't really know if it would pass or fail there. I played the demo yesterday off the us store and there was nothing in there wouldn't get banned in NZ.

secondly, it's only for consoles - you can get it on steam and play it on pc/mac in AUS/NZ, just not on frigging consoles. There's a lot of complaining that's for sure especially those people who went out and brought a $30 psn card to buy the season pass.

There's nothing I can do about it however, unless TTG change there stance on this.

However, if there is someone in UK/US who has brought this and is willing to do a little 'share' I'd be much appreciated.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 am

If i buy this pal i will def let you download it from me. Not a problem at all
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 am

cheers mate.

Update:

Here's a post from one of the producers on the game.

Hey guys - I happen to be the producer on The Walking Dead that handles game ratings/classifications. I was checking out the forums, saw this post, and just wanted to take a moment to respond to this valid concern from you.

First of all: I don't feel like anybody is being rude. I understand your excitement to play a game so many others are talking about. I'm sorry you can't get it on console at the moment.

Typically, our games come to New Zealand because as long as a game is not restricted in Australia, we release in both countries for the cost of just 1 rating. It's been pointed out in this thread already that we pretty much have no chance at getting an Australian rating until early 2013 (when new certification laws come into effect). That said, there IS a way to bypass the Australian rating and attempt to get a game rated directly in New Zealand (See: Mortal Kombat), but the cost of the rating must be weighed against the potential for sales in that reigon. Start by considering the cost of the title. Mortal Kombat has a better chance to make money in New Zealand because it costs roughly 55 dollars MORE than Episode 1 of The Walking Dead. That means they can sell less copies of their game than us and still make money. Even if you opt for the season pass on PSN, Mortal Kombat is still more than twice the cost of The Walking Dead. That means we need to sell a VERY high volume of games in New Zealand to justify the cost (in both time and money) of a New Zealand only rating.

So, to answer your question: It's a business decision, not a middle finger. Trust me, this is NOT an issue of us disliking our fans in New Zealand, or forgetting about them! Some people in this thread have suggested methoods for getting the game on console already, but my suggestion would be to get it on PC/mac!

At any rate, I hope this sheds some light on the issue. Again, I'm sorry that we couldn't get this game to your consoles at the same time as places elsewhere, but I just wanted to point out some reasons why and say without spoiling any potential future plans that you guys are on our radar!

Grrr, all down to a business decision due to the fact that TTG don't want to pay to have it rated twice. This wouldn't have pissed me off as much had I known prior to the release of the game, that it wasn't going to be released here in NZ. I likely wouldn't have been hyped for it.

Sounds like there are future plans though, but by then it may well be too late as everyone will have either pirated it from somewhere or got the game on PC. Now, if I had a pc that could play it, I'd probably get it and not worry about it, but since I don't....

Oh well.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Just played the demo and although very short i liked what i saw. The art style its quite different to most game but very reminiscent on borderland but it is a very nice graphical style and very typical of a Telltale Games. I like the way they have go with the interaction with the environment. You move your character with the left analog (standard i know) but with the right analog you have like the D-pad overlay on screen as shown below

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day The_walking_dead_ep3_gameplay_screenshot_01

and when you pass over a object you can interact with it will give you various options within the D-pad overlay i.e Examine/look at. Interact with etc. Which is very like the old school point and click game like broken sword and monkey island series. Also the way you fight of the zombies is quite cool aswell heres a video to demonstrate what i mean. Skip to about 30's if you dont wanna wait

Over all im liking very much what little ive seen of the game so far and will most def be getting the Season Pass very soon. I would highly recommend everyone to try out the demo as it is vey enjoyable Smile
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:45 am

Yeah,it's a nice combination of point and click and a good adventure game. I finally buckled and purchased a US PSN card online and brought the first episode. I haven't played it yet, mainly because I don't think it is going to be too suitable to play with the kids watching me. :-(

i'll just have to wait until tomorrow and the kids are at school.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 am

Ermmm no i wouldnt recommend playing it with the kids around there is a fair amount of swearing and violence in the game. Just dont buy the other episode remember Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm