The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
What is Dust 514? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+2
bigyin96
Casamyr
6 posters

What is Dust 514?

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

What is Dust 514? Empty What is Dust 514?

Post  Casamyr Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:56 pm

DUST 514 is a PS3-exclusive persistent shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. Uniquely, it is set in, and directly connected to, the thriving player driven universe of EVE Online.

Survive an evolving battlefield by customizing your character and vehicle fitting to fulfill the role of your choice – dominate the enemy as a specialized vehicle Pilot, support your squadmates as a Logistics officer, or storm the frontlines in your Assault armor. The battlefield has changed… will you?

A Galaxy of Battlefields

Engage in fierce firefights on the surface of planets spread throughout an interconnected universe populated by hundreds of thousands of EVE and DUST players. The outcome of battles in DUST 514 has repercussions for the world and other players; for better or worse, every minute you spend in New Eden means something.

An Immortal Soldier

Death is a learning experience. Fight, die, and develop your skills to become the character you want to be. Use skill points earned as you play (and even when you’re offline) to train skills that improve your battlefield effectiveness; make you proficient in the use of specialized gear; or enhance your ability to modify and upgrade existing gear.

Conflict as a Way of Life

Claim your rightful place in the galaxy! Form mercenary corporations with friends in DUST and EVE and work together to conquer planets and control entire star systems. Secure supply lines as you defend and attack locations on planets throughout New Eden.

An Economy Fueled by War

ISK earned in battle can be spent on the primary market to stock up on the latest items – weapons, turrets, equipment, armor, and modules – or search for bargains on the secondary player-driven market. Customize existing gear or purchase advanced and prototype weaponry and equipment for that extra edge on the battlefield.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

What is Dust 514? Empty Re: What is Dust 514?

Post  bigyin96 Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Think ill def be getting this one when it comes out. Yes fair enough you cant go of screen shot for quality but it still looks a great game and just all round different to your modern day warfare FPS games out there at the moment which are becoming abit stale for me anyways
    Jono
    Jono
    MW3 Officer
    MW3 Officer

Post  Jono Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:06 pm

this actually looks awesome, whens it coming out?
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 pm

It's due for release in the Northern Hemisphere Summer - I haven't found a full release date yet.

If it is anything like the mmo when it comes to building your character and running combat, it'll be (imho) one of the deepest shooters out there. Everything you do isn't going to affect a AI run thing, it will affect real life players. EVE has some of the greatest stories. There was one that I read about a guy who spend 2 years (real time) infiltrating a EVE corp in order to rob it. During a combat when all the corp were fighting his real corp, he sold off all their fleet, emptied their coffers of billions of ISK (in game currency and was worth about 10k in real world dollars) and effectively shut down the corp.

I'll post some footage of Dust in action today.
    kopitecris
    kopitecris
    Peasant

Post  kopitecris Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm

i remember seeing this towards the end of last year looks gd hope it plays as well
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:00 pm

kopitecris wrote:i remember seeing this towards the end of last year looks gd hope it plays as well

It looks like we could get a small clan player-base going at this rate! I'm not sure how they're integrating EVE Online Interactivity though! Should be good XD
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 am

There was a small piece of footage in Pulse not long ago and it looked super cool but there is no footage of it on youtube that I can find. I'm not sure how they are linking EVE with DUST. I believe the way that it is going to work is that EVE corps put out a call on the DUST system for Merc groups to either attack or Defend a world and once a set number of mercenary groups (either clans or jsut single players have filled the slots the battle begins.

It'll definitely be a good look. I haven't heard anything yet coming out of the closed beta trials being done by CCP and no new updates have been posted for a while.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:24 am

Might traverse google in a vain attempt of finding some videos. I think that the concept of integrating games is a great one but if they rely on that too much it'll be a very underwhelming feature XD
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:17 am

Here's the short piece from Pulse.

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:29 pm

They're playing it out like it is something with more than 24 players, I'm hoping that is the case! Would love this to be one of those bigger scale warfare games.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:25 am

yes it is Phil 64 player combat - 32 a side.

From what I understand Dust 514 is being likened to the Team/Clanness of MAG with the vehicular and personal combat of BF3. Two bloody big ticks from me.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 am

Casamyr wrote:yes it is Phil 64 player combat - 32 a side.

From what I understand Dust 514 is being likened to the Team/Clanness of MAG with the vehicular and personal combat of BF3. Two bloody big ticks from me.

You enjoyed MAG too? That's great to hear, 'cause it's always getting slandered when I hear people talk about it. MAG is probably the only time in my life I'll have experienced controlling what 127 other people were doing.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:34 am

Never got super into MAG, but I had a buddy who played it all the time. I definitely liked the massive games, there was always action no matter where you turned. Also that game play looks sweet cas, this is going on the list for sure!
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:15 am

YEah. I really enjoyed playing MAG. I really liked the customisation adn the fact that K/D wasn't important. It was important to work together and take and hold those objectives if you want any chance of winning. I really hope that DUST 514 is similar to this.

Customisation will be massively huge for this game, and everyone's loadouts could be quite different depending on their play style, which is cool.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 am

Casamyr wrote:YEah. I really enjoyed playing MAG. I really liked the customisation adn the fact that K/D wasn't important. It was important to work together and take and hold those objectives if you want any chance of winning. I really hope that DUST 514 is similar to this.

Customisation will be massively huge for this game, and everyone's loadouts could be quite different depending on their play style, which is cool.

I'd be careful using the phrase "massively huge", don't want another Brink fiasco on our hands! =P
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:16 am

lol. Having played EVEonline for about a year, and knowing this is made by CCP and that the vehicles and dropsuits are using exactly the same cpu system to power everything, I can be fairly confident that this isn't going to be like Brink,

But you never know, I might have to eat my words. I'm certainly hyped for this game and that it delivers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 am