The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Clan Activity I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+9
Twomany
PhilipOmnis
WhiteLite
Arcann_Deum
Johnnyblack_86
wortho1234
squirrelbruhn
Casamyr
bigyin96
13 posters

Clan Activity

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Clan Activity Empty Clan Activity

Post  bigyin96 Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So ive been with the clan since the start with Casamyr and seen this place go from strength to strength which has been great. There has been alot of members that have signed up and have been delete because they signed up and never did anything here. The members we have here now is a great group of guys and girls. We've got a really great core group of people but what i am starting to see is that its just the same members coming online all the time. I know we are having the Bad Company 2 Clan battles which is going great so far and got a few other members interested too. Seems like the Battlefield side of the clan is flourishing very well but the Call Of Duty side is lacking in inspiration abit. So what im wanting for you guys and girls is ideas of how we can try and get people more active on the forums. Any siggestion are welcome even if they seem completely stupid so good idea could come from it.

Me and Casamyr were on about doing a newsletter but i think it would be alot just for 2 people to handle plus i dont want to spend hours and hours making up a newsletter if they are going to get an recognition because like the
    quizzes me and casamyr spent time creating got hardly and view and i would say a couple of people took part in them. Now im not saying you have to take part in them but would have been nice for some participation.

All im really tryingto get across is that i dont want what happened to Chaos Mafia happen to The League Of Casual Gamer so im trying to take preventative measure now.

So please post your thoughts and ideas Smile

Last edited by bigyin96 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Clan Activity Empty Re: Clan Activity

Post  Casamyr Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:51 am

Absolutely seconded Big.

I certainly don't want this to fall to the wayside like our old clan did, and in fact I doubt that I'd jsut suddenly close the site on all the members either.

You are absolutely right, the BF side of the clan has some good regular games - Friday night being a set night. I guess since neither Big nor I play MW3 we have both negletted that aspect of the clan and I think those members who are less active tend to come from that wing of the clan.

Perhaps we need stronger leadership in that side of the clan. BF3 has Sarge, I'm gonna put squirrel there, me, and Big as big advocates for the BF side of things, where as for MW3 there is just Jono, whom I haven't seen for a while.

I also wonder if we should make a similar post as a global announcement for all clan members to add their thoughts and claim more ownership over the clan as well. This way if we know what other members want or would like to see happen we can tailor it to their needs.

I have also seen a few other things - a flash game arcade for instance that can be attached to the forum as well and will add some flash based games to the site. Nothing like friendly competition to keep things fun.

I'm still thinking of ideas and the newsletter is a good one that gets emailed out to members once a months with all new promotions, etc. But this is a good start.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 am

Yeh i think putting it as a global announcement would be a good idea and i like the flash arcade games idea too that should spur some healthy competiton within the clan. Regarding the newsletter i think its a good idea and i will do whatever needs to be done with it but i think we need a few more helpers on that front. Yeh the COD side is lacking so we need more dedicated members to try and boost the activity on that side of things.
    squirrelbruhn
    squirrelbruhn
    Viscount

Post  squirrelbruhn Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Hey guys,
    I recall Biggy and I joking about how the FB Page had become a TLCG BC2 page due to the other games being MIA. Goes to show huh!

I concur with what you guys have discussed, though my experience is limited as this is my first Clan. Forum interaction is the issue and i guess we need to have a way to get people on here. I have a few thoughts that may assist with achieving that.
    As mentioned, the MW3 branch of the house has gone MIA so to speak. I think a way we can mitigate against this is to have at least two officers per game.
    With Bigs and I co-ordinating the BC2 branch, we have been able to bounce ideas off each other and motivate each other to organise and participate in events and games. This also mitigates against someone being absent for a period of time, as the fellow officer/s can pick up the slack. So I think at least two motivated members for each branch would be a good idea. (Those branches being BF3, BC2, MW3 and Others) Obviously if MW2 is big as a group like BC2, then that applies too.

The Facebook group has been going well, though again, dominated by BC2 peeps. As a social medium its has been good, though i have seen people using it in lieu of the forums. I think this is because, especially with a lot of the BC2 crew, I have recruited them to what has been their first clan. So the concept of the forums are unfamiliar and confusing so they seem to gravitate and stay within FB. I'm now mitigating against this by only posting summary info on the site, with a link to the topic on the forums for them to get the full info. This will force people to look at the forums to seek the information.

Badges and Pins. We should push the Badges and Pins angle. I know Ash didn't visit the forums until I introduced her to the Badges and Pins. Now, she is driven to look at her profile and try to get as many badges and pins as she can, being competitive against other Clan members. She is motivated to visit the forums now. I know Pinkbox is the same, and this morning I helped set up Roary10's profile with avatar and sig, and now he is on the Badges band wagon. I feel if we can push the importance of the status of Badges and Pins, this will assist with interaction on the forums. Also, a Badge Bragoff thread might be good, which i can link to facebook, motivationg bigger competition.... thus more visits to the forum.

Rank. As our games have a rank leveling up concept, we could apply one here too. Ive noticed a few people (first Clan members) ask what it means to be a full member etc. Maybe to assist with understanding and in line with the military theme of the majority of gaming here, we should have a rank structure. im not sure if this can be applied in the forum, but you could link the rank to posts and membership. an example as follows:
    Applicants could be known as Recruits and when they become full members, Privates. Then when they attain a certain amount of posts, they get promoted. For instance: Enlisted
    50 posts = promoted to Corporal,
    100 posts = promoted to Sergeant,
    150 posts = promoted to Staff Sergeant.
    200 posts = promoted to Warrant Officer
    250 posts = promoted to Chief Warrant Officer

Now these are post dependent, since no level of responsibility is held by the member.

However, if you do hold a level of responsibility, you hold an Officer rank, which you are promoted by increasing your level of responsibility within the clan. For instance: Officers
    2IC of a Branch: Lieutenant
    Officer/Leader of a Branch: Captain
    Moderator/Graphic Designer, Editor etc: Major
    (-Blank-): Colonel
    Distinguished Member: Brigadier
    Clan Leader: General
    These ranks are posts independent due to holding a position of responsibility within the clan.
    I think the Rank structure idea may provide motivation for members to; 1. Post more in the forums to attain rank; and 2. If desired, seek more responsibility to help administer Branches with the clan to become Officers.
    Now these could be applied if the forum code allows, in place of serf, yeoman etc, or if not, as part of their profile details in the Games Played Area.
    And best of all, we can have Rank Badges, so people will have their rank displayed!!!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think a flash game arcade idea would be good too as again, promoting competition between members and even Branches, would lead people on here to play.

A news letter would be good, however, I would suggest that its responsibility is given to a Clan Member to act as an Editor with publishing authority by Casamyr/Bigyin. I think once a month would suffice if you went down this track. you don't want to make it too much of a burden.

Finally, I feel even though we are a Casual Gaming Clan, members should realise they need to be involved in the Clan's business as they are the lifeblood. Sure, you may now have the ability to use the Tag, but you have to be involved with the Clan to justify that use. Even if you just post once a week, it shouldn't be difficult and shows you have an interest in what is essentially YOUR clan. We need to emphasize personal ownership of your membership. Tags don't come cheap you know.... :-)

Well guys, my thoughts only, so hopefully I've provided some different concepts to help motivate forum interaction. If you have anything you want me to clarify, let me know and if you want me to run with anything, I'm more than happy to.
    As we say in the BC2 crew 'That's how i roll!"

Very Happy

Last edited by squirrelbruhn on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Damn thats alot of reading lol i polished off 4 pieces pf toast while reading that lol but all the point you made are excellent ones and i think alot of them could be implimented into the site with alittle work Smile
    wortho1234
    Prince Consort

Post  wortho1234 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 am

I have been away the past 2-3 weeks but im coming home 2morrow and i will put alot more effort into the MW3 side of the clan. I didnt have internet on holiday so i couldn't really do anything. I will get the tournament going and i will start working with jono and get things going again.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Clan Activity Empty Clan Activity

Post  Casamyr Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 am

This is the place for the Clan Activity Forum. Due to Admin error we posted this in a place where no other clan member can read it. Silly us.
    Johnnyblack_86
    Johnnyblack_86
    Viscount

Post  Johnnyblack_86 Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 pm

I agree with Squirrel 90% (must be the fresh air from gardening all the time, that gave him all those good ideas) Squirrels member ranking idea is brilliant and I second it, I think it'll be good for the newbies to try and prove themselves, with that being a way to do it. There is however a downside to it, the amount of posts between rank is to much if you ask me, I dont think most clan members are going to set on the forum trying to post 50 time just to rank up. Plus more then half of the members wouldn't even be corporals. Still a bloody good idea Squirrel big ups to you mate.

Another thing, is there away of seeing when a member was last logged in? If so, another idea if Squirrels ranking idea gets the green light is to de-rank a member if they've been away for a long period of time with out telling anyone. Exception can be made if there is an explanation to why they've been away.

eg. say the "mystery member" posted 100 times making him a sargent, if "mystery member" was to be away for a month BOOM the fools back to being a corporol!! yeah buddy!!!

The flash game idea is another bloody good idea, I vote drag racer v3 be installed immediately!!!l or snakes if thats still a flash game, i'll probably end up playing the flash games more then the console games.

As for the COD side of the clan, they've been on holidays and with the loss of White lite and some members switching to BF3, it'll be hard for them to get back into it, but i have faith in Jono and Wortho so i think once they get the ball rolling they'll be up and going like normal. Jono got back last week and has already hosted a massive mw3 game night with a good turn out. So i think just to give them time.

I had this incredibly good idea but lost it :/ i'll post it if i remember it lol yeah buddy
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Regarding the ranking up with post and people been sat on here trying to level up. For me the whole idea of the ranks is to give them a reward not make them think jesus ive gotta post another 100+ times before i rank up again. But i think a good way to do it is make maybe the 1st 4 ranks quite low like in a video game and then make them progressively hard as the ranks get higher up.

You can click on the members tab at the top of the forums and it will show who has been on and when they were last see but as you know we run a 30 day inactivity policy now so i couldnt see how your missing rank thing would work unless they were someone from the core group who we knew would return.

when i was mention the COd side i wasnt having a go at them just making a point and hope no one took it the wrong way. I know wortho is going to be back fully in the following week and is going to start bumping things p and coordinating with Jono.

squirrelbruhn
    squirrelbruhn
    Viscount

Post  squirrelbruhn Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey Guys,
    Just got back from the gardening and thought I'd clarify a some points.... Cool
    With the rank idea, I just provided an example so everyone knew what my concept was. I tots agree with both of what you've said, and having shorter times between the lower posts and extending it out is a good idea. Ive researched how to do this on the forum support page and its totally doable.
    To that end though, I know Cas is getting pumped by Badge requests, forum admin amongst other stuff. I'm still on leave till the 30th of this month, so I would be more than happy top run with this if i was given temporary permissions to implement. Obviously final approval is with Cas/bigs, I'm just saying I'm happy to help out while I still have a bit of home time left.
    The other point I do want to ask, is Cas wanting someone else to learn to em-place Badges? Again, just to help take the work load off him a little I'd be happy to learn this process and help out.

Now where did i leave my shovel.....?
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

There is a ranking system at the moment which is based off the old Feudal System and goes all the way up to Emperor. You can see what rank you are underneath your name. I can tweak it a bit to make it easier to go ranks and therefore more noticeable.

Keep the ideas coming peeps.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Yeah good idea about getting someone to do the badges. i would but i dont understand it lol Sad
    Arcann_Deum
    Arcann_Deum
    Baron

Post  Arcann_Deum Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:26 pm

I second Big on the whole ranking up thing (1st 4 ranks quite low) as being new here i find 100+ posts kinda daunting haha
    WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

You need another MW3 leader whos committed too put hours into organizing things and whos regularly in the game, coming on the forum a lot more than say a normal member needed too.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

To be honest, I think the newletter idea is great but ambitious. However, running a clan in itself is ambitious and requires the drive you guys have. Rank ideas aren't particularly likely to get people too involved, but they do help. I think we need to establish a large playerbase or variety of games to keep things ticking over, other than that there's not much you can do. I think people just need to treat this place as their go-to site. Things like youtube videos and music discussions are one thing we've already got going and if emphasised, might make people come here for their news as opposed to news hubs and such.

It's difficult to pinpoint the exact way to go but if we try and test everything then we can't go wrong!
    Twomany
    Twomany
    Baron

Post  Twomany Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 am

Im more then happy to put my hand up as a mw3 leader and help out the others, I got a heap of ideas that o would love to input but Im using my phone and it would take ages to type it all out, but I'm very committed to the game and I would like to prove my commitment to the clan, I won't put it above my wife and social life but will do what I can to ensure the mw3 side of the clan continues to grow and has continued leadership.

ill post my full ideas after work tonight for all to c, if leadership is not an option I am still committed to mw3 and TLCG.

thanks
    Sam
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 am

We wouldnt ask you to put the clan first over your real life. I wouldnt have a problem with you becoming a leader at all. But its more upto Casamyr than anyone. so just wait for him to reply
    Twomany
    Twomany
    Baron

Post  Twomany Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 am

Nor would I expect the clan to ask that of me big, and if the leaders feel that another mw3 leader is needed I'm happy to take up the task, if they feel I am capable
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:18 am

I would also like to put my hat in the ring, for a leadership position in Battlefield 3, being that I'm US based it might help the current and future US members to have a leader closer to their time zone.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 am

Sorry squirrel your other post got lost in there, but getting humped with badges requests is right, plus I'm right the process of moving house too which is going to suck up a bit of free time.

I may actually take you up on how to embed badges, which will mean admin status so you can access the behind the scenes stuff and then I can actually show people how to add badges, It's really easy, just incredibly time consuming to do and to ensure that all works.

squirrelbruhn
    squirrelbruhn
    Viscount

Post  squirrelbruhn Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 am

I have tons of time Boss, so feel free to let me help you with all the badge requests.
    If you like, I can set up a Submission form so it will make it easier for us to administer. Kind of a procedure for the submission of badges.
    So I'm ready when you are...... Very Happy

Oh, and if you want to restrict my Admin rights to just being a badge implementer, thats fine with me. Smile

(Oh, and also, could you enable me as a moderator for the Clan Badges 101)

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 am

Cool, Squirrel. I've jsut added all the badges to peoples profiles. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Adding the new badges however, will take forever. Like i said they're pretty easy to add, just time consuming.

I have added you as Mod to the Clan Badges forum.

A template for requesting badges could be a cool idea.

@Toomany: Nobody should be putting the clan above their families or RL. This should jsut be a fun place to come, hang out and find people to game with. But on saying that, I will accept your offer of a leadership role. MW3 used to be a pumping place and while Wortho and Jono have both come back from holidays, they will need a little more help to get things back up and running.

@Bowlington; great idea, though for I start I may make you Officer for the US contingent of players, rather than limit you to one game if that is alright. Once the US side of things start to grow (Feel free to actively recruit US based players mate), we'll re-evaluate US based officers.
    Twomany
    Twomany
    Baron

Post  Twomany Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Cheer Cas, Much appreciated, as i said in my previous posts i am more then happy to help out Jono and wortho with whatever they may need.
    Hopefully together we can get MW3 back to it's rocking state like it once was.
    wortho1234
    Prince Consort

Post  wortho1234 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I can make a youtube account for the clan and post up the details here. we dont hav to post many videos but might get a few views and get us a larger clan too
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks cas, an officer position will probably be a good idea for the reasons you stated, and I'd be happy to start recruiting for the US contingent.

@wortho: the youtube channel is something we've been talking about for a while and the main reason it hasn't come together yet is that nobody has a PVR, I'm not sure if you have one or not but I'm planning on getting one in the near future and would be a regular contributor to the channel.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:31 pm