The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
TLCG's First Quest I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

4 posters

TLCG's First Quest

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

TLCG's First Quest Empty TLCG's First Quest

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:01 am

Today, Matty and Morph were the first to partake in an admin-controlled event, the story below is a representation of what they encountered with pictures too!

A loud crash was heard as the cave collapsed in. Morpheus looked back at the entrance to his cave and sighed, he was trapped. After a great deal of confusion he had managed to find and light some torches and assessed the danger. All was quiet and he was alone. To his side was a narrow passage that led to darkness. For a few minutes he contemplated silently his escape options, but was interrupted by a single, numbing grunt. He stared wide-eyed down into the cavern and readied his sword. Nothing. As the time went on, he decided to use nearby rocks to fashion a pickaxe to which he could escape with. Suddenly a series of groans grew behind him. He turned quickly and was greeted by the foul odour of an unusual creature, half-human, half pig. The creature looked more dead than alive, but stumbled slowly toward him. Morpheus reached for his sword, and at the sight of the creature wielding it's own weapon, charged and plunged the sword into it's stomach. He slashed and after a few short moments, the creature lay dead. Bewildered and alarmed, he hastily returned to his escape.

Two weeks after he had broken free from the cave, he had established a series of torch-lit tunnels and a home above ground. Morpheus had been travelling from a distant land known as "Black Mesa" and lost his way. He had not seen life for over a month, when suddenly a familiar face appeared on the horizon. Matty, a friend of Morph's was travelling hastily across the darkening grassy plains. Amusing to them both, Matty had also gotten lost whilst in search of a caravan trader selling rare goods. The two continued work on the tunnels until a week later, a strange event occured.

It was a calm sunny day. The two men were sat contemplating a boat design that they were going to use to get home. Suddenly, they were interrupted by the sharp greeting of a small, withered man donning a cape. The man explained to them that he had come from a land to the West, and that his home had been plagued by monsters and disease that had appeared across the land two weeks prior to that day. With the offer of a small bag of coins and the man's eternal gratitude, the two adventurers set off for a small town the man had claimed to be inhabited, a day's travel East through the desert, in search of answers.

Their travels were strenuous and food was scarce between them as they trekked through the sands until they saw a formidable tower come into sight, followed by a small town. The two gasped as they came into view of a small, self-sufficient community of tanned-skin people. Their noses crooked like the crescent moon and their faces like the arse of a beaten enderman. As they looked curiously through the town they saw a man in green clothes. As they approached they caught the glint of the sun reflecting from what appeared to be a helmet, of futuristic appearance. The man looked toward them as they looked at the various gadgets attached to him. He spoke briefly, in a voice that sounded, artificial, as though it were not real. The man spoke of a myth, that a fruit that carries an essence of life itself could, when used by a mage, conjur a portal across worlds. The man spoke of a world with flames whirled and charged across the land, wreaking havoc amongst massive ghost-like creatures that drifted through the sky, and small, deformed men, similar to that of pigs that call it their home.

Morpheus, having remembered his own encounter weeks earlier, charged back to their home across the desert. The old man was no where to be found, but grunts could be heard from the mines below. As the men followed the sounds they were met with a purple haze that penetrated their lungs and a slight but ear-shattering sound pierced their minds. The men followed it to the source, determined to help those in need. They came across two large, dark obelisks with a purple liquid suspended in animation in it's centre. Suddenly the liquid sprang from the portal and wrapped itself around the two men, dragging them into the darker realm.

The men struggled as they were thrown onto the harsh, rough ground of that mythical world. They stared up at a sea of fire and hundred men screaming and grunting. But they were not men, they were pigs, the very kind that Morpheus had seen prior to their entrance. The men charged past the seemingly docile creatures toward a small landmark, similar to that of the portal. A small tunnel lead them to an underground room. The room was dark and they felt for the walls as they stumbled. "I've got it" cried Matty as he swung open the chest. Two apples of pure, shimmering gold floated in the chest. The two eagerly grabbed them and charged back toward the portal. The ground shook as they ran, creatures of all shapes and sizes swarmed them. The fires engulfed them as they
    desperately reached out for the portal. Matty was the first through, his arm burnt to the elbow, the smell of rotting flesh emanating from him. A gigantic roar blew past him as the portal began to crumble, the ceiling breaking and lava spewing forth into the cavern. A second roar, and Morpheus flew out of the portal and into a nearby wall. Matty rushed to his aid as Morpheus clambered to his feet. Balls of fire flew past them as they could see the many terrors of that world shambling toward them when suddenly, a loud crash. Darkness.

The portal had been obliterated, and with that the two returned to the surface. The man was there, smiling happily and giving them a hero's welcome. The two nursed their wounds as the man explained that they had fixed the problem and that he was returning to his home. The man gave them their pay and noted that the apples were powerless, as they had been used to travel back. The old man stretched out and shook their hands as he began to return home. The two looked at each other, perplexed as the man disappeared from view. They decided they were ready to begin preparations to go home, though they still had a question. Had they seen the old man before...they were sure to find out.

Pictures:
    An old man comes looking for help.
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_195101
    Two heroes take up the task.
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_200728
    Hero talks to odd-looking man.
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_195251
    Following the sounds.
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_200239
    The cause.
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_200218
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_200959
    Preparing for battle.
    TLCG's First Quest 2012-02-24_201015

Last edited by PhilipOmnis on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

TLCG's First Quest Empty Re: TLCG's First Quest

Post  Bowlington Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:49 am

Nice, when can I get the novel?
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:53 am

Bowlington wrote:Nice, when can I get the novel?

It's rather a short story than anything else. But I'm sure when more quests are enacted there will be enough to at least make a Novella that comprises of myths and legends of heroes from the realms of Black Mesa ^_^
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:25 am

damn i missed out on that one.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 am

I like where this is going phil, when did you guys put this together? Also is that the testworld you did this in? I'm changing it back to black mesa manually tonight cause it seems the server techs don't work Fri-Sun and I wanna do some work on AERO. Once I get the way to switch them down, i'll be able to switch between them at you guys' request. We may even be able to work something out where every other week or so we switch worlds and use testworld for this kinda stuff.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Bowlington wrote:I like where this is going phil, when did you guys put this together? Also is that the testworld you did this in? I'm changing it back to black mesa manually tonight cause it seems the server techs don't work Fri-Sun and I wanna do some work on AERO. Once I get the way to switch them down, i'll be able to switch between them at you guys' request. We may even be able to work something out where every other week or so we switch worlds and use testworld for this kinda stuff.

It took me about 20 minutes to set the appropriate NPCs and come up with an interesting plot. Basically writing that story took more effort than the event XD I already have an idea for how this will continue and culminate into a server-wide event that we have already discussed! The great thing about this event was that it doesn't require us to go back to the other world, it was simply something to entertain Matty and Morpheus as they were unable to play in our normal world. They had no idea what was going to happen which I believe made it all the more interesting! Which reminds me that I need to discuss some form of invisibility mod so that events can become even easier. Also I've read up some brief guides on NPC quests that we should discuss too =P
    matty021022
    matty021022
    Squire

Post  matty021022 Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 pm

PhilipOmnis wrote:
    Bowlington wrote:Nice, when can I get the novel?

It's rather a short story than anything else. But I'm sure when more quests are enacted there will be enough to at least make a Novella that comprises of myths and legends of heroes from the realms of Black Mesa ^_^

if that's a short story then what's a long story to you ?!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content