The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

5 posters

PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet Empty PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet

Post  bigyin96 Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:36 am

Against this new act coming into action sign the petition in the link below

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet Infographic
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet Empty Re: PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:48 am

The DNS blocking has been removed from the bill in its current state, and is going to be re-written when congress comes back in session, the removal of DNS blocking was spurred by the White houses refusal of support.

Heres the link:
    Engadget

So some good news there, but we are far from being out of the woods.
    xXDA_FUZZXx
    xXDA_FUZZXx
    Knight

PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet Empty Re: PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet

Post  xXDA_FUZZXx Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:52 am

That's just ridiculous!! Especially from a country that prides itself on its citizens freedoms! I'm sure there's already laws in place to address copyright etc
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:54 am

Its the equivalent of trying to squash a cockroach with a wrecking ball, sure the cockroach is dead but now theres a massive hole in the floor. Nobody wins except Hollywood
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 am

Could it be that their plan is to....
    1) Introduce the Law (SOPA & PIPA) that will piss public off
    2) Have President Veto/refuse it
    3) Have President approval rating rise
    4) President Gets re-elected
    5) President passes law... because he's president...
    Because we all know in 10 months is the election
    :/
    After all George Bush won a second term with this method by instigating the Iraq war that led to massive approval for his election.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 am

Damn I hope not, because if SOPA passes i'll see you in europe. If thats his MO hes probably going to get assassinated, I don't wanna see that happen but it may very well. I have a feeling that something else Obama might try is to decriminalize marijuana, there has been a decent amount of speculation behind this so it may be one of several cards up his sleeve.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Haha sorry mate I'm from Australia but you're always welcome here Smile Be sure to bring a barbecue set for a snag on the barbie Cool Hmm this issue with marijuana... is quite similar to Republican candidate Ron Paul's policy where he wants to legalize drugs such as marijuana and cocaine under State regulations rather than at the federal level. His argument is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CxjOOT_XQ&feature=related
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 am

What makes me laugh is, while it appears that it's a wrecking ball to a cockroach. The fact that this legislation has been kept out of the limelite shows that they are aware of the potential abuse yet want to pass it anyway. Doesn't that seem a tad sinister?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:07 pm