The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
What do you think of the new map? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

4 posters

What do you think of the new map?

LT
    LT
    Baron

What do you think of the new map? Empty What do you think of the new map?

Post  LT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:18 am

CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

What do you think of the new map? Empty Re: What do you think of the new map?

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 am

When is that released for dl?
    I havent played the ones available much so I'm meh about it.
    I've never enjoyed any map packs from previous games.

LT
    LT
    Baron

Post  LT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 am

Yeah i played about half a day on Piazza and the other one. I assume once it comes out to the rest of the public it will be moved into the other play lists? Annoys me that I have to play on a separate play list. This one looks interesting though. I reckon it will play a a lot like Afghan. Maybe Estate. Maybe a mix of the two..
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 am

Yeah il play them when it's mixed in with the regular maps.

In other news - good lil gaming sesh last night, sorry I didn't talk over mic as I had a friend over and we were alternating games. And I believe you top scored in the final game!
    LT
    LT
    Baron

Post  LT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 am

Yeah i got lucky lol

I played most of the night with a 5 7 handgun..

We should definitely get more people to party up, having 3 of us definitely helped last night, made it more fun too.
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:53 am

just a handgun? Lol you maniac that's brilliant.
    I couldn't get into a rhythm playing every other game and not using the headset didn't help (excuses excuses), but yeah it's always more fun gaming in a party. Il be sure to have the headset in so I can chat next time too.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Does anyone else think it looks a bit cartoony? =S
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 pm

i think it may look cartoony because of the vibrant colours in the map to the more neutrals ones they usually use on there maps
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the cartoon style in FPS to be honest. TF2 was a great game but it's goofiness just left me dissatisfied. This just looks like a breed of TF2 and other CoD games, blegh =P

And what's with the random-ass plane that appears to have done no damage? o_O
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 am

Lol yeah just misses every building in the area haha
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:28 pm

bigyin96 wrote:Lol yeah just misses every building in the area haha

Who cares about the semantics! It's not like the plane crashed or anything.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:35 pm

PhilipOmnis wrote:
    bigyin96 wrote:Lol yeah just misses every building in the area haha

Who cares about the semantics! It's not like the plane crashed or anything.

So if you dont care why say. lol

PhilipOmnis wrote:And what's with the random-ass plane that appears to have done no damage? o_O
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Sarcasm, I'm saying that it can't possibly be considered 'semantics' because it fell out of the fucking sky! =P Obvious hitch with that idea.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Alright arsey!!!! Razz
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 pm

bigyin96 wrote:Alright arsey!!!! Razz

I'm going to park a plane in the middle of your home but leave no debris or sign of destruction and see how -you- feel...arsey! =P
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't feel like anything. Call of duty isn't exactly renowned for its realism so i don't expect much from them! Suspect
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:30 pm

bigyin96 wrote:I don't feel like anything. Call of duty isn't exactly renowned for its realism so i don't expect much from them! Suspect

You don't feel anything because I haven't parked the plane in your home yet! And yes, I know what you mean. But there is suspension of disbelief and that is difficult to attain with this particular situation XD
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 am

I actually like that it's bright and sunny for a change. Too much drabness in the other maps with people just blending into shit. But the idea of then making multiple buildings where people can hide and snipe from just made me feel sick. Doubt I will be playing much of this when it comes out because like I have always said - fuck snipers.

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:12 am

Why have ya gotta hate on snipers? If you stay out of their scope they are easy pickings. Stationary enemy = easiest kill ever.
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 am

Lol - I hate snipers because:

In tdm they slow the game down. My play style is all about movin around, I hate that a sniper can close off a section of the map just because they are hiding in a window hardscoping. most of the frustration with fps is when you die from a gunfight where you had no chance in. Ie being sniped from some unseen person in one shot, being panic knifed by someone when you get the jump on them, getting mowed down by akimbo machine pistols or blasted by shotguns even if you get off the first shots. Let's no even get me started on quick scoping which has no place in the game

In Dom and other objective games, snipers are next to useless. I don't care how many kills they get in their little secret spots, there are no flags in that window you're hiding in. I would rather have a player on my team who is going negative, but capping flags than a sniper who gets 10kilss with no flags at all (because we all know snipers rarely ever get more than 15kills in any game)

Its mostly why bf games are not for me, I don't like havin to deal with people who are prone or sniping as I inch my way across the map. I'm too ADD for that.

*edited as many iPhone auto corrects as I could bother*
    LT
    LT
    Baron

Post  LT Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 am

CON5CRYPT wrote:Lol - I hate snipers because:

In tdm they slow the game down. My play style is all about movin around, I hate that a sniper can close off a section of the map just because they are hiding in a window hardscoping. most of the frustration with fps is when you die from a gunfight where you had no chance in. Ie being sniped from some unseen person in one shot, being panic knifed by someone when you get the jump on them, getting mowed down by akimbo machine pistols or blasted by shotguns even if you get off the first shots. Let's no even get me started on quick scoping which has no place in the game

In Dom and other objective games, snipers are next to useless. I don't care how many kills they get in their little secret spots, there are no flags in that window you're hiding in. I would rather have a player on my team who is going negative, but capping flags than a sniper who gets 10kilss with no flags at all (because we all know snipers rarely ever get more than 15kills in any game)

Its mostly why bf games are not for me, I don't like havin to deal with people who are prone or sniping as I inch my way across the map. I'm too ADD for that.

*edited as many iPhone auto corrects as I could bother*

This....

I also would love to see someone do Modern Warfare the movie. I'm thinking staring someone like the rock? Then have a sniper, maybe Steve Buschemi? Im thinking a scene at dawn, with the sun just coming through the trees. The Us troops at the tree line ready to run. One guy just standing there like he is AFK. 2 or 3 guys hiding in the back of the trees around a portable radar. A few soldiers talking about the enemies mothers. A few soldiers pulling out grenade launchers, another having akimbo pistols. As the first shots are fired out runs the sniper. Have him running through the jungle with enemies all around him, in full sprint quick scoping. Reckon it would be hilarious! How many kills do you think he would get?
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:13 am

I personally dont see how you could make a movie out the a FPS game because it would just be your standard war style movie. But i suppose only copying the single player campaign story to the letter would only be the viable way to do it
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 am

I think something tells me there LT meant for an element of satire in his comment =P But you can get a lot of short movies, 10-20 minutes, game-length equivalents based on videogames which aren't bad. Amateur movies can be good when they want to.
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 am

Lol LT

I was in a lobby the other night against a full squad, clan tag [DIE!] the ENTIRE team spent ech and every game camping in corners. I kid you not. They even camped in Dome!
    My party only stayed 3 games as we were bored looking for them.

So I can see your movie scenario where an elite squad of spec ops are seen training, gearing up, halo jumping to their destination and then do nothing but sit in a corner for the rest of the film.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 am

CON5CRYPT wrote:Lol LT

I was in a lobby the other night against a full squad, clan tag [DIE!] the ENTIRE team spent ech and every game camping in corners. I kid you not. They even camped in Dome!
    My party only stayed 3 games as we were bored looking for them.

So I can see your movie scenario where an elite squad of spec ops are seen training, gearing up, halo jumping to their destination and then do nothing but sit in a corner for the rest of the film.

Make it so that when they like, pull off their gas masks their voice change to a really high pitched squeak. Oh, also add one guy who walks forward erratically and keeps yelling "fucking sticky joystick!" =D

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 pm