The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Fresh Revelations about DUST I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

4 posters

Fresh Revelations about DUST

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Fresh Revelations about DUST Empty Fresh Revelations about DUST

Post  Casamyr Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 am

Here's some stuff I've found out from the last couple of days

• In 2013, CCP hopes to add eSports gladiatorial arenas, where players can watch CTF and 1 on 1 Deathmatches, from within EVE or the DUSt game. Players will also be able to bet on these games too
    • Hostile Planets will also be fought over, including lava, gaseous and sub-zero environments
    • MTACS (Mechs) will be introduced sometime in the future.
    • Open beta will be in June 2012
    • PVP matches will initially be setup by NPC corporations
    • There will also be PVE modes where you fight off hordes of rogue drones
    • There are 10-20 maps on each planet and there are around 7000 planets (currently) in the EVE universe and each planet has these maps.
    • There are different areas of space mirroring EVE. HighSec is pure NPC Corp started battles with little meaningful end results, LowSec and NullSec are PC owned areas of space and thus, you will be removing control of a planet from 1 group of real people. that'll be where the serious competition will be.
    • Terrain is over 5x5 miles and will be generated by a programme developed by CCP, that features small medium and large structures and each map should not look like another, including elevation rises.
    • Faction warfare will include anti-orbital cannons, so shoot that ship down before it unleashes on you.
    • CCp may add in Ship invasions as well, so EVE pilots can hire DUST mercs to undertake ship boarding actions.
    • Only Temperate planets will be available at launch but more will come online quickly.

Some seriously cool shit in there.

USarge
    USarge
    BF3 Officer
    BF3 Officer

Fresh Revelations about DUST Empty Re: Fresh Revelations about DUST

Post  USarge Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 am

Fresh Revelations about DUST Acb
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:14 pm

USarge wrote:Fresh Revelations about DUST Acb

I agree Razz
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I lol'd.t sounds like they're keen to sell their game to the masses, so that's always comforting. If they don't want to flop then they're going to try harder! =D
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Seeing what CCP have down with the EVE, DUST is going to be just as good, but instead of piloting ships, you are piloting vehicles and fighting as a FPS game.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Casamyr wrote:Seeing what CCP have down with the EVE, DUST is going to be just as good, but instead of piloting ships, you are piloting vehicles and fighting as a FPS game.

I tried EVE myself and while I enjoyed parts of it, I think Dust is more up my street. The fact that Dust is free means that people can enrich the experience of EVE players but also that EVE players can create their own divisions, it's a grand idea for clan gamers everywhere! =D
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 pm

I agree fully Phil. It's one of the most original ideas that someone has had for a FPS in a long, long time.

I willl expect to see a whole lot of games that follow suit on PSN in the future as well, whihc is great for gaming as a whole.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:14 am

I don't see a trend emerging from it, to be honest. But I do see it as changing how we perceive console games.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 am

More Stuff

• For a typical FPS gamer DUST roles are very different than traditional FPS game where you have pre-defined classes
    • DUST 514 players can decide what they want to do in the game
    • Skills will be expanding as game moves forward
    • You are given some initial skills to train and basic "Militia" fit (gear), and you pretty much work from that
    • Once you start playing the game you can discover how you can go forward - deciding if you want to be in MCC, Squad Leader, Sniper, Vehicle Operations etc...
    • Once you train more skills you will be able to react to different situations faster during the battle
    • Initial dropsuit consists of Assault Dropsuit, Assault Rifle and Locus Grenade. Afterwards he can add Scrambler Pistol, Nanohive and Shield Recharger should he choose. Then again you add different things and choose different dropsuit like Scout - with Shotgun, Kinetic Catalyzer (speed enhancer), Drop Uplink (mobile spawn point) etc.
    • There is fog of war which is being revealed by Active Scanners and MCC can drop various things on the battlefield as it is revealed
    • There are various skills for vehicles and those vehicles have many other roles you can specialize in so for example you can pick first initial type of dropship but afterwards you can go for Prototype type of dropship and be a lot more effective and also with guns
    • Matches are not all about you - your role is significant but you have to focus on your team win and therefore get rewarded if you want to progress in active skilling
    • Combined roles are essential so you should decide to specialize deeply into one role since your corporation will have various specialized people all around
    • Players can have Web Generators that slow down flyers and Forge Guns can bring down ships a lot easier then - also for HAV's (Heavy Assault Vehicles) they can be repaired by Dropships and also Dropships can repair themselves as well
    • There is loot! It comes in two different types but that's about as far as CCP went mentioning also special materials for crafting special things
    • In the beginning equipment will be given by NPC's but afterwards players will progress by themselves and upgrading from basic gear
    • There is way for informatuon to be broadcasted by scouts and snipers that can see more of a battlefield so your team ans a lot more insight on all the things happening
    • You can restock your fittings during the battlefield and spend ISK so you can't be completely broke through the entire match
    • Scouts are capable of "kiting" others because they are more mobile for example vs heavy assault guys so they can turn faster than them and have more mobility skills tied into their character specialization - and you can decide to be character like that
    • Same Voice Chat as EVE and also Chat System
    • MCC will be fittable and perhaps even Warbarge from the very beginning. More about that later!
    • Cloaking modules are in the game as we already know - covert ops gameplay
    • There are 3 main classes of vehicles and then for example 6 more roles for LAV's (Light Assault Vehicles) so you get the idea how huge variation of roles are for vehicles as well
    • There are "Ancient Missions" that are PvE missions against drones etc that can be later on salvaged for extra loot
    • Game is tested for more than 24v24 and it works well - so expect even more
    • Players in beta may keep their skill points after game launches and their names but details on that are still being discussed by CCP (not sure if I like this one, I'd prefer that everyone starts off with the same number of skill points so there is no unfair advantage)
    • Warbarges will be at first limited at first but then expanded as actual spaceships in EVE space probably!
    • It will take you 7 years real time to full train every skill in the DUST 514 universe
    • There is Merc Quarter similar to EVE Captain's quarters where everything is
    • Character sheet displaying everything about your character just like in EVE
    • Skill system is very similar to EVE, although as well as passive skilling you will also have active skilling.
    • Battle finder is easy way to jump into the game - devs joined a battle that was already set up
    • You can also be invited to a battle by a friend, by a corporation member or you can find your own battles by using various filters including star system filters
    • There is lobby before a match where people can prepare for battle and talk about strategies with each other before the actual battle starts
    • Dropsuit fitting is available also in lobby, and you can also set your fits there as well for your vehicles
    • Market is available also there where you can instanatly purchase things
    • Spawning is "random drop" on a map at first
    • GAME IS NOT AT ALL PAY TO WIN
    • RDV's are dropping the actual vehicles and vehicles never spawn out of nowhere
    • There is real-time 3D overview map that you can view
    • You an switch from first and third person view in a vehicle
    • Objectives are split into parts where you can hack parts of the map - defense relays etc
    • Nanorays are deployable healing spots where you can replenish your health (shield and structure)
    • You can switch your fit on the fly - at a supply post that you hack and use for switch
    • You have to hack enemy vehicles to use them and not just jump in
    • There are launch codes for orbital bombardment that you have to have
    • EVE players can paint the target on the DUST map for orbital bombardment and send it away
    • EVE player has to be on correct side of the planet and aim for it always
    • Players have to destroy anti-MCC cannons before getting in the installation with MCC itself
    • Rewards are given away to players after the match as well
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Damn more good info Very Happy

This one made me laugh

"It will take you 7 years real time to full train every skill in the DUST 514 universe"
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Geeze, what a list. Where do you get this stuff? XD

Anyone got 7 years to spare? Lol.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 pm

From a website called www.dust.org. They were invited along to some of the presentations held at CCP's FanFest last week.

Yeah, 7 years is a long, long time. EVE is the same, it'll take you years to train every skill.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:38 pm

At least you're able to. Level caps are a foul invention and a terrible excuse to avoid putting in more content!
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:29 am

Yup. That's what I liked about EVE when I played - no level cap and you could train in anything you wanted. Whatever you wanted to do, you could do.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:23 am