The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Beta Impressions I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

Beta Impressions

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Beta Impressions Empty Beta Impressions

Post  Casamyr Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:17 am

What are your impressions so far of the Beta.

So far I'd have to say I'm underwhelmed. I understand it is a beta, but I've had endless problems actually getting into a game without getting unknown error messages or my ps3 locking up, not to mention the fact you can't squad up for the beta and the other glitches. I was also unimpressed with the lack of damage that occurs, but I was happy to hear that DICE have said that to keep the demo at a managable level, they've removed a lot of stuff like destructible environments, and lower textures so I have faith that the full game will be something truely special once the bugs are sorted out.

I'm hoping that I will be able to play more of the in the coming days, but so far I've not had much luck. How has every one else faired?

Edit: Well, after getting some go play in today, it looks like the biggest issue of unknown errors and ps3 freezes seem to have cleared up (Thanks DICE for resetting the servers). I'm beginning to enjoy the game.

The new unlock system is interesting, as you play with weapons they gain XP and level up unlocking 10 weapon mods. If you manage to get a gold star (I think) for that weapon you can unlock additional mods. So there is a reward feature there for using one weapon. However, unlike BF:BC2 the mods don't unlock for weapons of the same class, just for the single weapon you are using, so if you are a perfectionist it could be quite some time before you unlock every single item for every single gun.

Last edited by Casamyr on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update to post)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:48 am