The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
What people know about DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

3 posters

What people know about DUST 514

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

What people know about DUST 514 Empty What people know about DUST 514

Post  Casamyr Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Found this on the web and though I'd share it with you all. Looking at this I'm thinking there will be a lot of MAG clans joining here as it has a similar feel about it.

Gameplay

• There will be a quickplay mode.
    • There will be NPC faction warfare as well as the capture of player owned planets.
    • Battles will take part on dynamic battlefields that are around 5 kilometres across.
    • There will be a cap to the number of players per battle, which will be no less than 64 at launch.
    • There will be a command structure: Squadleaders in charge of Infantry, will in turn be led by a player commander on board the MCC (Mobile Command Centre)
    • The Commander will effectivly be playing a real time strategy game, and will be dependent on the situation awareness of ifantry players.
    • There will be a number of sub-objectives, but the main goal will be to destroy the enemies MCC.
    • DUST 514 will feature ten different vehicle classes, 8 of which will be available at launch. These include Warthog style buggies, Fighter Aircraft, Dropships and tanks.
      Infantry alike will be able to call in vehicles on the fly and have them dropped off by large dropships.
    • Commanders will be able to deploy ground installations, which can house large gun and missile emplacements.
    • Ground installations will also act as spawn points.
    • Vehicles and installations will be purchased with "war points" which are a non-persistant game currency. This will allow each fight to have an "escalation of war" and will help prevent players with accumulated wealth from dominating.
    • Rather than having a skill system like EVE Online or leveling system like World of Warcraft, DUST 514 will have an "achievement matrix" where objectives achieved in game unlock tiers which then give access to better items on the marketplace.
    • Like ships in eve EVE, weapons and vehicles will be customised with module slots.
    • There are two methods a DUST marine can use to get from planet A to planet B. The first is to clone jump, using similar technology to EVE Pod pilots. The second is to use their corps War Barge and fly to a hostile planet.
    • DUST players will have to use the war barge to attack hostile worlds.

[size=18]d]Interaction with the EVE Universesize]

• EVE Pilots will own the majority of planetary districts, this will be introduced in the expansion following Dominion.
    • DUST marines will be securing key staging area districts.
    • Hiring Dust Marines will not be mandatory, but it will make the capture of planets easier.
    • Initially Interaction wit EVE players will be done througuh the New Eden Social Network (COSMOS).
    • Eventually CCP hope players in eve will be able to share the same social spaces as DUST 514 marines, presumably in stations.
    • Initially at least, the economies of EVE and DUST will be kept as seperate as possible. CCP do not want co-dependency between the games.

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

What people know about DUST 514 Empty Re: What people know about DUST 514

Post  bigyin96 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Seems very interesting. Cant wait to see how it all works out in game Very Happy
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm

I've also heard that there are going to be bots too to ensure that games are always full.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Suppose that a good idea really. At least your not going to be waiting around for lobbies to fill up if that the case
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am

I'm trying my best not to get over-excited about this game but it's just such a good premise. Can't wait for it now =D
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:48 am

If it is remotely like eve, then this could be one of those games that will change how FPS's work, jsut like DOOM did in the way back when.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:27 am