The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Perhaps Renting A Server?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+2
PhilipOmnis
Tezzac
6 posters

Perhaps Renting A Server?

Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Perhaps Renting A Server?  Empty Perhaps Renting A Server?

Post  Tezzac Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm thinking of hosting (renting) a server for 1 day - 1 week for the privileges of TLCG members. What are your thoughts?

Here's the features of having a server:

And of course the benefits of having a private server we'd always wanted Smile
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Perhaps Renting A Server?  Empty Re: Perhaps Renting A Server?

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:34 pm

This is a difficult one. I've sat around and thought long and hard about us renting a sever and have come to the conclusion that we're too casual to be able to make the most of having one. That said, if we could spread the cost I think the idea of getting one for 90 days would not be amiss, though I think everyone would want admin privileges if -that- were the case XD

If you're willing to splash out your own cash, a week-long server would be an okay idea. Going back to the problem of our casual nature, if you were to choose a week such as this week, I myself would be way too busy to even get a chance to go in it!

Also, just to point out, there are so many bloody empty servers ranked/unranked that we could clearly use for the clan anyway, so I'm not sure of how much we -need- a server for the clan.

So in all honesty, if you were to a do a week one, you'd have to figure out when the best time to do it is, and if you still want any help subsidising costs.

At the end of the day man, it's all up to you! And thank you for taking the time to consider the idea of using your money for the good of the whole clan.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:16 pm

The idea of renting a server would be awesome b ut i dont think there would be enough of us to play on it or the money to maintain the up keep of the server
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 pm

I've been playing on Morph's sNs server quite a bit, and it doesn't seem practical to have one of our own seeing as how we never would have enough of us on line for ranked matches to work. A server must have atleast 8 players in it for the game to actually start and be playable. Morph has extended an invitation for us to play on sNs' server and all he asks is that you donate a couple of bucks if your able to. sNs has a ton of members now and theres always enough players for games to start.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:43 am

The only reason I could see us renting a server would perhaps be for a clan battle. hire it for a day to host the battle then all done.

As sNs Have extended their invite to us I'd say just jump on theirs and fling a little cash their way to help maintain the server.
    redslayer1
    Yeoman

Post  redslayer1 Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:57 am

I think I agree with cas it would be better to set up a day to have clan battles or even just mess around or figure out tatic that we can do to extend our gaming
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for all the feedback you guys!
    Firstly, can anyone possibly give me the name of SnS's server? Or do I have to ask SnS?
    Secondly, I thought of renting a server because a couple of months ago people were going on about flight practice (school) haha or did everyone become experienced already Smile
    and I thought having 35+ Battlefield Players from TLCG was enough to get the party rolling x)
    But I guess perhaps a 1 day clan battle seems much more feasible than the other options. Thanks Smile
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 am

You can just join the server and tell them who you are and that your TLCG and you should be good to go. To get to it simply search either SNS or snsclan on the server browser and it'll be the first one that pops up. I've been using the servers to my advantage becoming a better chopper pilot, they are perfect for that!
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Most of the guys at sNs know hoe TLCG are anyways and they would see your tags so i dont think it would be a prob if you just jump on there server
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:12 pm

And then try and get your tags as well. Smile
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 pm

It's rather nice of them to offer up their server. I won't use it until I've donated to avoid feeling guilty =P

I much prefer unranked servers anyway for the flying lessons that we were originally discussing. There's tons of open servers to do it in so we should be fine =D

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 pm