The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Syndicate      I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+3
WhiteLite
Casamyr
bigyin96
7 posters

Syndicate

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Syndicate      Empty Syndicate

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:46 am

Syndicate      Syndicate_ps3_rpboxart_160w

Also On: Xbox 360
    Genre: Action
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Developer: Starbreeze AB
    Set in 2069, Syndicate takes players into a dark, Machiavellian world run without government oversight with many syndicates vying for total dominance of their local market place. With no one to question their intentions or actions, three mega corporations – Eurocorp, Cayman Global, and Aspari – are at the forefront of this brutal war for control of the pivotal American market.

In the world of Syndicate, everything is digitally connected, including the people. Players aren't limited to the weapons in their hands. Through DART 6 bio-chip technology implanted in their head, players can slow down time and breach the digital world around them to take down their foes using a variety of upgradable hacking mechanics. Syndicate's blend of fast-paced, futuristic, action shooter settings and story combined with innovative chip breach gameplay instantly immerses players in a unique digital world.

What do you think? Post your comments below Smile

Last edited by bigyin96 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Syndicate      Empty Re: Syndicate

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:49 am

You know, I really had concerns over this title. I loved Syndicate when I was younger and I was worried when I heard this was going to be a First Person Shooter styled thing, but after watching that vid, I think I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for more on this.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 pm

yeh some people have said there is to much going on on screen with the hacking and all that but i think its got a totally different aspect to a FPS game which makes it interesting
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Meh, It's no busier than any other shooters. I like the fact that you can move cover out of the way, infiltrate minds, etc.

I kind of hope that you can work for any of the 3 corps and the games changes some what depending on the choices you make. I also hope that they try and keep the flavour of the original missions as well.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:09 pm

yeh the mind infiltration looks like a really good feature like that alot. its abit similar to the game "mind jack" the walking animation seems a little weird but i didnt notice it after the first few seconds. graphics from the video so far look alright but then again you can never tell properly from the net whay there going to be like. but yeh overall ill be keeping an eye on this game most def. it nice to actually have a conversation about a game lol at console army i posted some game up and they got like 40+ views but no one commented
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 am

WhiteLite
    WhiteLite
    Interclan Rep

Post  WhiteLite Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 am

looks cool, but don't think i would get this.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:04 am

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 am

Cool stuff. So from the Vid I get the fact that there is some co-op/mp action going on there. This is starting to look more and more interesting.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeh same here. Im getting more interest with more info/videos that are released.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

I love the matrix style cloaks that the players are wearing. stylish.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:36 am

Its certainly got a great style to the game. Love the idea of the chips you take from other people been able to upgrade your skill and the hack things i cool too
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 am

brings a whole different way to playing. Do i just gun that guy down, or do I try to take his chip so that I can get better. Great choices.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:39 am

Yeh its certainly different. Love the idea you can hacker people too and make them kill people too. Hopefully there will be a demo
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:21 am

Woah! Bad news on the Syndicate front for you Aussie guys.

"Starbreeze's upcoming Syndicate reboot has been refused classification (RC) by the Australian Classification Board.

The Classification Board's website lists the game as RC. Pending any successful appeal, this means the game will be effectively banned.

An update on the decision and EA's next move will follow as soon as we track down the answers.

Early last month the Australian video game industry welcomed the revised, proposed guidelines for an R18+ category for video games but, for now, the highest rating for video games in Australia remains MA15+. Games that cannot be accommodated within the MA15+ rating are refused classification.

Unanimous, in-principle support for the introduction of an R18+ category for games was finally reached this year after around decade of debate. However, at a recent roundtable held at Sydney's Macquarie University, attended by IGN AU, the Classification Board's David Emery admitted the process still may take a "couple of years.""

Man, the Au Clasification Board are a bunch of frigging pansies. I still can't believe that they refuse to give games an R18 rating.

There are times when I'm glad I live in NZ and our games come through the UK, not Australia.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:52 am

EA has responded today to the Australian Classification Boards RC of Syndicate.

"EA Australia has now officially responded to its upcoming shooter Syndicate being refused classification by the Australian Classification Board. The company will not be distributing the game in Australia.

The game was refused classification (rated RC) and banned from sale in Australia yesterday.

"It's regrettable that government policy in Australia is denying adults the right to play Syndicate," said an EA spokesperson in the response we received this morning. "The game will be not be available in Australia despite its enthusiastic response from fans."

"We were encouraged by the government's recent agreement to adopt an 18+ age rating for games. We urge policy makers to take swift action to implement an updated policy that reflects today's market and gives its millions of adult consumers the right to make their own content choices."

According to the Classification Board report, the fact that enemies and corpses "can be explicitly dismembered, decapitated or bisected by the force of the gunfire" was a major problem.

Civilians can be targeted also, but cannot be dismembered. The report did, however, note that in cooperative gameplay "points are awarded for civilian casualties."

The report concludes:

"In the opinion of the Board, the game contains intense sequences of violence which include detailed depictions of decaptitation and dismemberment that are high in playing impact. The game also contains the ability to inflict repeated and realistic post mortem damage which exceeds strong in playing impact. It is therefore unsuitable for a minor to see or play and should be Refused Classification pursuant to item 1(d) of the computer games table of the Code."

The last game refused classification in Australia was The House of the Dead: Overkill for PS3, but Sega successfully appealed the decision and the rating was lowered to MA15+."

So sorry guys, no Syndicate will be played by Australian Gamers. Shame. I'm thinking about getting this game for the co-op.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 am

Damn you guys in australia get it hard
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 am

Here is a new 8 minute co-op vid for syndicate entitled "New England".

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:57 am

Well damn this just makes me wanna buy this game right now Very Happy Im so looking forward to this game now. I cant wait for it. Hopefully your getting this cas because we need to hit some co op on this baby Very Happy
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:58 am

after watching that vid, this'll likely be my first game of the new year since it comes out in febuary.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 am

Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:04 am

Man this just keeps getting better and better.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:51 pm

I know doesnt it just Very Happy i seriously cant wait for it and depending how good it is it may take over my bfbc2 play time Razz
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:57 am

Yeah. Feb 21 can't come round fast enough. though I'm not sure what the release date is here in NZ maybe a couple of days later I think.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:00 am

Yeah that has never made sense to me release on differet dates in different country obviously with the timezones but this just weird....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am