The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+5
Jackrulz
USarge
bigyin96
Codpeace5
HashiriyaGOD
9 posters

Anyone keen to run me through minecraft?

HashiriyaGOD
    HashiriyaGOD
    Graphic Designer

Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? Empty Anyone keen to run me through minecraft?

Post  HashiriyaGOD Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 am

Bought it when it was in Beta stages a few years ago and had a small mess around. Keen to jump in with you guys for a bit of fun some time. Need to be shown the in's and outs!
    Codpeace5
    Codpeace5
    Baron

Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? Empty Re: Anyone keen to run me through minecraft?

Post  Codpeace5 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Biggy, Bowl or Phil are top candidates, not sure if anyone from oz is into minecraft.
    What are the basic spec you need to run minecraft on a laptop ?
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Anyone keen to run me through minecraft? Empty Re: Anyone keen to run me through minecraft?

Post  bigyin96 Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:00 pm

There is a beginners guide that i created in the Minecraft section that my help you out in your first minecraft day but other than that i couls try and jump online with you at somepoint and give you some pointers and advice

Codpeace5 wrote:Biggy, Bowl or Phil are top candidates, not sure if anyone from oz is into minecraft.
    What are the basic spec you need to run minecraft on a laptop ?

i dont know ay specific specs but my laptop isnt the best and i can run minecraft on low setting without any lag. You thinking of trying it out cod? there is the free old version of minecraft on there website if you wanna try it out. One thing i will say is you need a proper mouse. you cant play with the touch pad ones on the laptops its impossible
    USarge
    USarge
    BF3 Officer
    BF3 Officer

Post  USarge Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:08 pm

THIS website should help you get you started and gives you a TON of information
    Jackrulz
    Jackrulz
    Peasant

Post  Jackrulz Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Download OptiFine, it helps take away lag heaps. I could never play minecraft properly until i installed this.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125-optifine-hd-a2-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-more/

Hope it helps Smile
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:21 pm

So i just installed the optifine thing does it just run automatically on its own?
    Jackrulz
    Jackrulz
    Peasant

Post  Jackrulz Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Yea it should, if you go into video settings are there a lot more settings than before? You can change those to reduce more lag.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm

all the video settings are the same hmmm
    Jackrulz
    Jackrulz
    Peasant

Post  Jackrulz Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 pm

bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Still didnt change anything ill just leave it but thanks anyways
    Jackrulz
    Jackrulz
    Peasant

Post  Jackrulz Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Sad sorry not sure what else
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm a bit too busy to show people the ropes at the moment, sorry! But if you have any questions feel free to PM me XD
    [sNs]MorpheusZero
    [sNs]MorpheusZero
    Knight

Post  [sNs]MorpheusZero Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:17 am

Bigyin if you use the Spoutcraft launcher Optifine and all that stuff is built in and GREATLY helps with lag issues.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:19 am

I installed it and there wasnt anymore options there so i gave up in the end
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:48 am

hmmm, I might have to explore some of these options and see if I can reduce the lag on my computer so I can spend more time in Minecraft. That's the only thing that is frustrating me with it.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:55 am

I tried the spoutcraft launcher and it make my computer more laggy than it usually is so ill be passing on it
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am

I'd be glad to answer any questions you've got HG, and if you've got a good amount of free time i've started a Let's Play for Minecraft that basically has me starting off on my first night and I explain a lot of concepts and crafting recipes. It's also quite funny as I die quite a bit! You can find the playlist for my LP here, otherwise Big's post here will give you a good running start on getting into the swing of all things Minecraft. Mojang has fleshed MC out into a very promising game with a lot of new aspects since you probably played last. I'd invite you to the server but I need to do a complete permissions overhaul as the perms system isn't working correctly at the moment and you wouldn't be able to interact with anything, I will be making a post about this so keep an eye out for that as there is some really cool stuff on the server! Anyways I can always be contacted through PM or Skype so feel free to ask me questions!
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:23 am

hmmmm, so Spoutcraft has made your computer even more laggy? That doesn't bode too well for mine then Sad. Still, I'm not allows to spend much time on the desktop pc (doctors orders - something to do with keeping my foot elevated for a few weeks) so I have to share with my wife's laptop on the couch.

Still, I'm hoping that something will work and reduce the lag enough so that mc is playable for me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am