The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Capital City/Royal Castle Construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+2
Tezzac
Bowlington
6 posters

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction

Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Empty Capital City/Royal Castle Construction

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:20 pm

In this post I will be updating the progress on the biggest project yet...

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen11
    ^^^^^^This is the mountain I built to house the city, consisting of over 3million dirt blocks.

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen12[/url
    ^^^^^^This is the hollowed out inside of the mountain, length 178blocks, width 65 blocks, and height 103 blocks.

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17188643/14]Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen13

^^^^^^Another view of the room.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Empty Re: Capital City/Royal Castle Construction

Post  Tezzac Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Whoa looks intimidating but why exactly will people be living under a rock when it's snowy sunshine out there? haha it's like in the matrix where everyone lives underground :/ Uhm the soft dark edges, do they represent shadows? cause i never knew there was shadow effects in Minecraft Very Happy
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Empty Re: Capital City/Royal Castle Construction

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:29 pm

The room is so big that the dark spots you see are the space between light from the torches. Its still very rough at this point, but trust me its gonna be awesome. Its going to be a huge, elaborate, decorated castle, and its kind of like the town of markaarth in skyrim, where its built into the mountain.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:37 pm

That mountain isn't on the server is it? or is it on Single Player?

Last edited by Tezzac on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Nope its on the server, and I couldn't find one big enough...so I built one.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Haha awesome looking forward to it Smile
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 pm

I love the idea bro, but not sure if it is worth being our capital city! (Assuming you mean that the Capital is the only one per universe (nether has it's own capital, etc.)

It would definitely be one of the major cities. I've always wanted to do this. If we get a music mod I'm definitely having the goron themetune!

By the way, as far as themed cities goes. If you look at some of the Minecraft skins, they have all sorts that can be used on NPCs if we get a mod. Which means, if for example you made the Goron city, you could get goron npcs to go in there to add more of an atmosphere =D Win? =D
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:35 am

Got an update!

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen14
    ^^^^^^^In this one you can see the 2 end towers on each side along with the placement grid I built. The towers are 40 blocks high and 20 blocks across, made of smooth stone.

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen15
    ^^^^^^^Heres a better view of the placement grid, the size of each box is 10X15. The grid is going to make building something of this size much easier.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

But there's no sunlight! and my character has a hat LOL as he is Cole from La Noire x)
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Don't forget to add your updates to the main post of the thread so they don't get lost! =D I'm definitely digging the organisation going into this. I like the towers, but what are they going to be for? =D
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 am

The Castle is coming along nicely! Heres an update.

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen16
    ^^^^^^^Heres an overhead view of a few of the finished towers including the main tower in the middle.

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen17
    ^^^^^^^Heres a different version of the last picture with the water added at bottom of the room. (BTW we were talking about an enderman disappearing)

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen18
    ^^^^^^^This pic shows the dock inside the welcome tower, this is the first place you go inside the castle.

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen19
    ^^^^^^^Here we have one (soon to be many) of the bridges connecting towers.

Capital City/Royal Castle Construction Screen20
    ^^^^^^^This is the entrance for non-royalty citizens of the server, it leads all the way down to the bottom of the castle via waterway.
    Arcann_Deum
    Arcann_Deum
    Baron

Post  Arcann_Deum Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 am

looks sick...If only i had a computer decent enough to play minecraft :L
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:05 am

But Arcann... it's minecraft, not Crysis haha Smile
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Arcann - If my 10 year old computer can run Minecraft...anything can.
    Johnnyblack_86
    Johnnyblack_86
    Viscount

Post  Johnnyblack_86 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:18 pm

my 5 yr old pc cant Sad and was meant to be state of the art when i got it, bloody piece of shyte.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Johnnyblack_86 wrote:my 5 yr old pc cant Sad and was meant to be state of the art when i got it, bloody piece of shyte.

What's the problem exactly?

And cheers for clarifying our Enderman discussion, sounded like it could have been rather risqué Wink
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:07 am

Don't blame it on your computer. Blame it on globalisation and the spread of technology diffusion Sad
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Johnny, I have a link with some driver updates for your graphics card that -should- help you play the game. I've read a few posts that pertain to your issue. I'll get the link to you when you're next online!
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 am

I get memory issues, mainly. My system just struggles with it and even though it is dirt cheap, I've just done nothing about it, since I really need to do a whole lot more as well to the computer.

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 am

Casamyr wrote:I get memory issues, mainly. My system just struggles with it and even though it is dirt cheap, I've just done nothing about it, since I really need to do a whole lot more as well to the computer.

Memory as in RAM?
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 am

Got a small update. I encased the whole inside of the mountain in a iZone, it will remove mob spawns, TNT, Explosions, it will also heal players inside the zone, so feel free to work in there if you want.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Good job Bowl! Smile
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Wise move for sure! =P iZone is a particularly good plugin for these things. I think you should add a turnstile in and keep the train system when it's complete by the way dude! Would be a nice idea =P
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 am

I'm still learning how to get the turnstiles to work, but ya its definitely an idea!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:03 am