The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+11
Tezzac
Arcann_Deum
PhilipOmnis
Bowlington
skinny109
wortho1234
ratpacks39
squirrelbruhn
WhiteLite
bigyin96
Casamyr
15 posters

Clan and Forum Ideas

Poll

What do you think of TLCG Forums?

[ 0 ]
    Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    Poll closed
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Clan and Forum Ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: Clan and Forum Ideas

Post  Tezzac Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 am

I was thinking that it would be better to identify each of us in the forums if we respectively had a national flag next to our rank.
    Twomany
    Twomany
    Baron

Post  Twomany Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:46 am

Like with the prestige badges you could have something like, reach X amount of posts, become a forum mod/admin, earn X amount of clan badges.
    Arcann_Deum
    Arcann_Deum
    Baron

Post  Arcann_Deum Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Another idea for badges could be reaching a PSN trophy score/level of X or gaining X amounts of platinum or gold trophies.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I was thinking that it might be a cool Idea to have a badge or some other element that shows off a proficiency for a specific weapon, like get a thousand kills with the M4A1 and so on. Instead of having them premade we could probably request the weapon we since theres so many that would be a ton of work otherwise
    Twomany
    Twomany
    Baron

Post  Twomany Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 am

Also thinking about a game review Post, where members can give a brief revieq of anything recent they have played, or members could ask if anyone could review a game for them to help decide if its what they would wanna play.
    skinny109
    skinny109
    Viscount

Post  skinny109 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 am

I know it seems kind of mcdonalds or burger king like but how about just something simple like Member of the month.
    Someone who has been active in the forum as well as online. Maybe even their gameplay could count towards if their gaming improved dramatically.
    And since everyone seems hyped about these badges, play on that and the member of the month gets to show off a badge representing that until the next months winner.
    Just throwing ideas out there for you guys to work off.
    wortho1234
    Prince Consort

Post  wortho1234 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:10 am

isnt that Distinguished Members
    skinny109
    skinny109
    Viscount

Post  skinny109 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 am

touche Wortho... Touche. I forgot we are doing distinguished members monthly lol
    I was thinking something more like....an encouragement award you could say. A little bit more light hearted then being a Distinguished member.....but i guess your right, we do already have this sort of thing lol.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Yeah, Distinguished Member sounds like it. I could think of a badge to go with that though.
    skinny109
    skinny109
    Viscount

Post  skinny109 Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:21 am

As Phil suggested in the MW3 tourno section, can we utilize the messaging system a little more. I'm going to send a message to all COD members about the Tourno coming up. If we have to do this sort of thing often maybe could set up the group messages. At the moment you can only to send to members. So maybe if we group them it will make it easier in the long run e.g. MW3, BlOPS, BF3,BC2 etc.
    Thoughts on this?

Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 am

I think utilizing the message system might be a good way to notify people within the forum and maybe have just a simple email that goes out at the same time. I don't know if anything is in the works but it may be time to axe the snow and holiday theme, the snow is messing with the text in the chat box for me.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:56 am

Yep, I'm trying Bowlington Sad I can't find the damn code. It's not where it should be in the javascript section, which I could just turn off with click of a radio button.

My goal this evening - find and get rid of the dang snow and xmas baubles.
    wortho1234
    Prince Consort

Post  wortho1234 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 pm

PSN message might get more views also
    squirrelbruhn
    squirrelbruhn
    Viscount

Post  squirrelbruhn Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Group messaging sounds good
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

There is alreadyx a way to be notified me of a reply to the forms. Im more than certain that you can favourite individual forum threads and receive emails when someone replies but don't quote me on t.at
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm

skinny109 wrote:As Phil suggested in the MW3 tourno section, can we utilize the messaging system a little more. I'm going to send a message to all COD members about the Tourno coming up. If we have to do this sort of thing often maybe could set up the group messages. At the moment you can only to send to members. So maybe if we group them it will make it easier in the long run e.g. MW3, BlOPS, BF3,BC2 etc.
    Thoughts on this?

Would certainly make it easier, as well as help players establish who plays what. Making new, closed usergroups with no technical privileges, simply to be used as divisions may be a way forward. I do however think that usergroup messaging should only be able to be utilised by Officers, maybe even of that division.

bigyin96 wrote:
    There is alreadyx a way to be notified me of a reply to the forms. Im more than certain that you can favourite individual forum threads and receive emails when someone replies but don't quote me on t.at

According to the profile preferences, by default you will be emailed when any thread you have posted in has received further posts.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Seventh option down.
    Also there appears to be a favourites tab along the top to the right, just beneath the advertisement. Don't know if that has any added effects.

Perhaps there is a way to make any users added to a usergroup (If usergroups for roster divisions were to come into effect) automatically favourited to key threads for that roster. We shall see!
    HashiriyaGOD
    HashiriyaGOD
    Graphic Designer

Post  HashiriyaGOD Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 am

On the new website you can
    *Subscribe To Category
    *Subscribe To Sub-Forum
    *Subscribe To Thread
    *Create UserGroups
    EG- COD, BF3 etc.

I may aswell create Permission Groups for the seperate games, the only problem with that being if someone multi-games and doesn't want to follow one game as much as the other.

Website will be up this afternoon - Will need moderators and leaders to sign up
    CON5CRYPT
    CON5CRYPT
    Earl

Post  CON5CRYPT Fri May 04, 2012 7:25 am

thanks hash!
    the new site looks great (although i need to stop thinking the shout box is like our current chat box)

just a quick note to everyone, there are options to change the theme, some of which may enable different features ie a fb like feature that shows chats and notifications at the bottom of the page.
    ZONEHUNTER
    ZONEHUNTER
    Knight

Post  ZONEHUNTER Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 pm

just siged up looking good
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 pm

It's certainly looking a bit more flashy and less 'free-forum'-like. But I think I'll miss the old site =P

Good job Hashira! (And anyone else that may have helped =P)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 pm