The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Tips on classes and gameplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+8
Bowlington
Tezzac
bigyin96
PrekezMatthe
squirrelbruhn
HashiriyaGOD
Casamyr
ratpacks39
12 posters

Tips on classes and gameplay

ratpacks39
    ratpacks39
    Knight

Tips on classes and gameplay Empty Tips on classes and gameplay

Post  ratpacks39 Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi Everyone

Ever notice that you stick to 1 class and that the others get left behind, well follow this tip and you will improve your classes on end, start with the class that is in last place (upgrade wise with the smallest energy bar), use that class until the bar overtakes the class in 3rd place, then use the one in 3rd place etc until you have improved all 4, stick to this and you will not get bored or in a rut or thinking i need to try something new.

Also on open levels like Kargs Island etc do not stick to main routes like roads as you will most likely end up dead as these will be well mined etc, instead go through forests over hills etc and take the most difficult route s you are far less likely to meet anyone else and it will mean you probably will survive longer, remember the more difficult it is for you the more difficult it is for anyone else, do not think along ordinary lines as obvious tactics are easily predicted go around bases like in conquest around the edge of flag areas and pick the most unlikely spot to enter pick a good hiding place and scope out the area first instead of gun ho as this is not always the best option.

Follow this and your gameplay should improve

Signed

Ratpacks39

Please feel free to comment on this
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Tips on classes and gameplay Empty Re: Tips on classes and gameplay

Post  Casamyr Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:48 pm

It's amazing how people just drive straight down the center roads and over my mines. I'm starting to mine some of the lesser routes around or at least places where I would probably go and am not surprised when I pick a kill or two. Caspian border for instance. I've taken to placing mines down the back end of the airstrip when playing rush, since most tanks will go around that way and try to sneak in through there.
    HashiriyaGOD
    HashiriyaGOD
    Graphic Designer

Post  HashiriyaGOD Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:35 am

The only 2 classes I bother with are Assault and Engineer.
    I don't worry with sniper as its a console game, no point being a precision shooter if you cant aim accurately. Give me a mouse and keyboard.
    Tactics + Teamwork. I like to win Smile
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:27 am

I have yet to tread the waters of the recon class. I tried it during the beta, but sucked with the sniper rifle and have jsut ignored it since.
    squirrelbruhn
    squirrelbruhn
    Viscount

Post  squirrelbruhn Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 am

I was playing a fair bit of Engineer, which i liked for the ability to fix vehicles and I was becoming quite a marksman with the RPG (Plus the ability to take out Helos, tanks etc) but after Bigs advice, I've been going a lot with Medic recently and noticed how much fun it is.... even such things a reviving teammates, since i know how happy i am when i suddenly get revived expectantly! (Though I do find I get killed a lot by the same dude that's just killed the guy I've revived!)
    PrekezMatthe
    Knight

Post  PrekezMatthe Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:59 pm

When using the support class I equip the M249 and use suppression as specialization.
    If I shoot at someone they immediately go prone, and become a pretty easy target.

This may be a helpfull tip Wink
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:05 am

I would say going prone would make you a harer target to hit because all that is visible from a distance is your head therefore a small target to hit santa
    PrekezMatthe
    Knight

Post  PrekezMatthe Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:34 am

Yeah, that's true but because of the suppresive effect they make weird decisions. They go prone instead of running and finding better cover.
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 am

Yeh i agree been supressed can pressure you into doing stupid things but my usual thing is to just go prone until the supression effect wears off slightly
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Casamyr wrote:I have yet to tread the waters of the recon class. I tried it during the beta, but sucked with the sniper rifle and have jsut ignored it since.

(My first reply, hope i'm doing this right lol)
    Just responding to Casamyr's reply, i find the recon class extremely positive to the management of team's tactic in the battlefield. For example the sniper rifle is a great spotting tool that's unrivaled to any other classes. I remember a time out far in the distant hill, my scope caught sight of 2 enemy tanks rolling in to reclaim a capture point my squad just took. Essentially the team with the new profound knowledge managed to place mines at the adjacent road right on time with support from the air off my laser designated SOFLAM. Happy to say, the recon class saved the day or else the successfully planned capture would have been pointless. All I'm saying is that you should give the recon class a try because DICE did not create the class merely for the kills off long distances.
    (Hopefully this is how you reply on a forum haha, happy new years!)
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 am

Perfect mate.

That's something I haven't really considered. But that info would be really important - I love placing mines in the right places and taking out those pesky tanks so I can see how a spotter can really help the team. Good thoughts Tezza.
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 pm

One thing that I have had great success with(may not work for everybody, you have to be really fast to pull it off), is when an explosion goes off in close proximity to me, I either use the dust cloud created to move to different cover or break right through the cloud the second after the explosive detonates and catch the enemy off-guard/reloading, surprisingly works really well.
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Tips on classes and gameplay Empty Tips & Advice for Battlefield Players

Post  Tezzac Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Tip:
    Whenever you're on an attack helicopter (mind you this doesn't work on scout heli) make sure you have also customized the gunner seat with their specialized gadgets so that you'll get the maximum power and evasive movements you could possibly have. The great thing with the gunner seat is that you can communicate with your team mate on the chopper on when to use IR flares whenever you get locked on, increased firepower and best of all you can take out that tank on one go! One of the main problem that persist lonewolf player's patience (like mine Razz ) is heat seeker missiles from the ground and in the air. Whenever you get locked on, hopefully you have flares on but generally that's never enough to get you out of the situation as you'll immediately get locked on straight after while it's being recharged. However, what most people don't know is that even if you're playing as a lonewolf (just you on the chopper) you can drop flares TWICE consecutively. Basically you deploy flares while on the pilot seat and if you get locked on for the second time you switch to the chopper gun seat and deploy flares there while waiting for the pilot's flare to regenerate. Such an awesome strategy where you'll never run out of flares to use! But be warned, please do this only in high attitude situations or you won't have enough time to power the chopper back while gravity takes over and then you'll crash. If you're more experienced where you have below radar (flying low attitudes will stop heat seeking traces), you can use extinguisher for pilot and IR flares for gunner seat. So you can deploy flares, fly to a low attitude and if you get hit again and you're on fire you can use extinguisher to increase your survivability. It's all a cycle...
    Hope this tip improved your aerial tactics Cool

Last edited by Tezzac on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm

That said, I would not feel comfortable switching to the gunner-seat in mid-air! XD
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

One tip i would give peeps for bc2 is to steadily increase you sensitivity. Its very beneficial been able to spin around quick on an enemy or just been about to quickly check in door was or ally ways beside house when running pasted them
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm

I agree Big but the problem with that is it decreases accuracy for some players.
    skinny109
    skinny109
    Viscount

Post  skinny109 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:53 pm

True, but just baby steps. I found the better i became the higher sensitivity i could handle and in doing so became much quicker to counter. But it is all practice.

While on the topic of controller config -Tip for anyone playing battlefield and considering having a taste at COD. Change you button layout to Tactical immediately. I never used it, but since iv been playing a lot of BF i changed mine to tactical when i went back and now i drop shot like a true drop shottin pain in the ass.
    squirrelbruhn
    squirrelbruhn
    Viscount

Post  squirrelbruhn Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

great tip about the sensitvity guys... im still at the lowest level, so i will start playing with this...
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Yeh like Skinny said to it abit at a time and play until your really got at that sensitivity.

Another tip i would give to bc2 player is try and avoid using closed doors were possible and use windows because went you slash a window open the character gives of a massive scream and if your using a decent headset youll hear it for miles on the battlefield. Its the same with ammo boxes and med packs your character will shout "AMMO" even reloading can be heard quite clearly so try and listen out for these sound cues in game
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Yeah, I need to get me a decent headset for that reason. I suspect that a good amount of my deaths come from the fact that I am not aware of how noisy you are when running, and doing other things.

Also I did not know that about the door. I've starting using the windows, jsut to try and fool enemies that no-one has gone in the building yet.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

bigyin96 wrote:Yeh like Skinny said to it abit at a time and play until your really got at that sensitivity.

Another tip i would give to bc2 player is try and avoid using closed doors were possible and use windows because went you slash a window open the character gives of a massive scream and if your using a decent headset youll hear it for miles on the battlefield. Its the same with ammo boxes and med packs your character will shout "AMMO" even reloading can be heard quite clearly so try and listen out for these sound cues in game

Does this only apply to BC2? And also, I don't get who is screaming, you? I don't think we have doors in BF3 in retrospect >.<
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 am

No need for doors/windows. Just blow the wall up with your grenade launcher at close range where it won't make any noise/explosion except breaking of the wall x)
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:41 am

Casamyr wrote:Yeah, I need to get me a decent headset for that reason. I suspect that a good amount of my deaths come from the fact that I am not aware of how noisy you are when running, and doing other things.

Also I did not know that about the door. I've starting using the windows, jsut to try and fool enemies that no-one has gone in the building yet.

i started using windows after watching TheRussianBadger on youtbe plus leaving the door intact give you the sound advantage that lets you know someone is coming in and you can be prepared
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:13 pm

bigyin96 wrote:i started using windows after watching TheRussianBadger on youtbe plus leaving the door intact give you the sound advantage that lets you know someone is coming in and you can be prepared

Claymores would be easier to conceal by the door as well, hmmm? (Or do you guys not have claymores on BC2.)

I think we need to start a new thread in the BC2 forum for tips by the way!
    bigyin96
    bigyin96
    Prince

Post  bigyin96 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Nope no claymores in bc2 lmao

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm