The League of Casual Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:46 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:44 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:43 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:41 am by bigyin96

» WE HAVE MOVED!
Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:40 am by bigyin96

Poll

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

+8
Bowlington
Tezzac
bigyin96
PrekezMatthe
squirrelbruhn
HashiriyaGOD
Casamyr
ratpacks39
12 posters

Tips on classes and gameplay

Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Tips on classes and gameplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Tips on classes and gameplay

Post  Bowlington Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 am

Wouldn't be caught dead without mine....
    Tezzac
    Tezzac
    Margrave

Post  Tezzac Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Gotta solve the trigonometry and projectile motion of the RPG's trajectory to maximise damage! cheers

On a side not:

OH HEY! we got new emoticons king queen jocolor geek
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Bowlington wrote:Wouldn't be caught dead without mine....

I think you'll find you -would- be caught dead without it Wink
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 am

Interesting. I didn't know about the angles on tanks, that's gonna change a big way on how I take them down I think.

I also really liked his vid on how to push when you are being camped. Really interesting.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:09 am

Yep his vids are excellenet

There' s a few on youtube like that- I've learnt so much and it saves so much time (ie not having to do it yourself!) Smile
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:27 am

Yeah. I mean, I always tried to get the rear of the tank since I knew it was the weakest point, the but idea that hitting it at an angle is the difference between 2 rpgs or 3.

PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:40 am

azeg1 wrote:Yep his vids are excellenet

There' s a few on youtube like that- I've learnt so much and it saves so much time (ie not having to do it yourself!) Smile

The cover one was pretty good, but I have to say that there are some things that just don't apply on console, given that he's playing with nearly 250% of our max players. That's a lot XD
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:44 am

On that note - it really sucks that PS3/XBOX has less players than PC - why is that???

Computing power?
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 am

Thats a simple question with a very complex answer. The PS3/XBOX systems don't have as many players because they are so called "closed environments". Consoles are controlled and moderated by the company that makes them. The reason for less players is that the modified "internet" that the consoles use to connect players to each other is not as robust and open as the regular internet utilized by PC's. The consoles probably could handle more players but their manufacturers limit the number of players to better utilize bandwidth and stability on their infrastructure (PSN, Xbox Live), where as a PC that is connected to the regular internet is only limited by the speed of the connection. It also has to do with the number of unique entities that are presented on screen. The console can only handle what it was built to handle without some kind of third party modification, where as a PC is a more sophisticated platform with the ability to upgrade its components/software to meet the requirements of a more demanding game. I'm sure theres a couple more things that i'm missing, but thats the just of the reason.
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:39 am

You could argue that if MAG can run 256 player games with little lag why can't other developers and I guess the big thing is that something has to give in order to meet this. I am surprised though that consoles don't have higher player counts, not that I am complaining. 24 seems fine with BF3, you're always in the thick of the fighting no matter where you are.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 am

I cant even imagine Conquest Metro with 64 players! It would be nuts!!! Razz
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Fucking awesome, I think you mean. I believe they scaled the maps down somewhat, but I may be wrong! XD
    Casamyr
    Casamyr
    Prince

Post  Casamyr Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 pm

From what i understand the maps are the same size as the PC versions, but the Devs have jsut brought the boundaries in closer so make the game space smaller for 12v12.
    azeg1
    azeg1
    Baron

Post  azeg1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:21 am

Fun fact of the day - in Dayvomd Peak in Rush you can throw the humvee off the cliff at the end, then jump after it and once the humvee lands, drives it straight into the warehouse and cover your teammates with the 50 cal while they arm the bomb!
    Bowlington
    Bowlington
    Earl

Post  Bowlington Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 am

Ya the maps are the same size, its the boundaries that are different.
    PhilipOmnis
    Prince

Post  PhilipOmnis Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 am

That was the more eloquent way of what I was trying to get at. 'Cause you can use the jets to fly to places that are outside of the main battlefield (see what I did there) and can explore a little. Pity I get shot down so quickly though XD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 pm